Brewer Fanatic

From The Onion (print edition only)

hawing

The following appeared in a special "Summerfest Edition" insert in Madison's (probably also Milwaukee's) print copies of The Onion today. I haven't found evidence of an online version yet, but it's worth keying in:

J.J. Hardy Probably Thinking About Starting a Boy Band

MILWAUKEE - According to sources close to the doe-eyed Brewers' short-stop, J.J. Hardy is in all likelihood considering getting together with a few of his teammates and forming a band, just in time for Summerfest. "He's probably already making flyers to hang in the clubhouse in search of someone who can be the 'shy one' or the 'bad ass,' and he's almost certainly thinking about approaching [business Major] Craig Counsell to ask if he'd like to manage them," said relief pitcher Brewer teammate Seth McClung, who recalled Hardy's attempt last summer to organize a team-wide Irish Pub Crawl. "If I know JJ, he's currently brainstorming band names, which he's likely narrowed down to The Brew Boys, Hit & Run, O.P.S., and J.J. And The Frosty Mugs."

The suspicion voiced by McClung and countless others regarding Hardy's interest in starting a band was basically confirmed Monday, when Hardy suggested that the Brewers trade for Twins catcher and recording artist Joe Mauer.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

If only we could trade for Bronson Arroyo. Not could he play guitar and sing, but he would solve our pitching woes, too. That or we could just go sign Bernie Williams. He's gotta be better than Gerut.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived