Brewer Fanatic

Hoo-rah, another ESPN game (Monday, June 29 vs. Mets)

hawing

The S.O. got an email from the Brewers this afternoon stating that the Monday, June 29 game vs. the Mets will now start at 6:05 PM, to accommodate an ESPN telecast.

I don't see an official release on brewers.com yet, but their schedule page does list a 6:05 start time now for 6/29.

So, goody goody, another national TV appearance. I can't decide what shade of blue to use for that.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I looked up last years national TV games and we were right around .500 in the ones I could find. I think this is probably like the fact we don't do well against first time pitchers which isn't true either.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Brewers have a ton of national TV games coming up in the next couple of weeks, hopefully they can step it up and improve their 1-6 record in national TV games this season:

6/29 vs. Mets - ESPN

7/2 at Cubs - MLB Network

7/5 at Cubs - TBS

7/12 vs. Dodgers - TBS

7/16 at Reds - MLB Network

I looked up last years national TV games and we were right around .500 in the ones I could find. I think this is probably like the fact we don't do well against first time pitchers which isn't true either.

But we're now 0-4 against first time pitchers, though we did knock Tommy Hanson around.

At this point I'm more concerned about day games at Miller Park than I am about National TV games.

With Braun's recent comments about the glare and how alot of players don't like day games at Miller Park, coupled with the way the Brewers looked today, I think its a real and growing concern.

That would be a good theory if other teams had trouble too. I mean if there were a bunch of 1-0 games then yes I could see there being a concern. Why do visiting teams seem to have no problem, but the home team does? Now with that said, there probably is a pretty bad glare that need to be taken care of.

Apparently if you ask ESPN, they're doing a Cards/Mets game tomorrow night. They flashed a graphic of their upcoming games of the week and had the Cardinals listed on it instead of the Brewers.

Woohoo! Free off day!

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

That would be a good theory if other teams had trouble too. I mean if there were a bunch of 1-0 games then yes I could see there being a concern. Why do visiting teams seem to have no problem, but the home team does? Now with that said, there probably is a pretty bad glare that need to be taken care of.

What I'm saying is the Brewers came out today and played like a bunch of players who were thinking "man, I hate day games at Miller Park. I hope I don't hit by a pitch in the glare...", which according to Braun, is the attitude of at least a few players, including himself.

I'll grant that I could be reading too much into things, and it could be that they just got stymied by some great pitching today.

Archived