Brewer Fanatic

Sosa Tested Positive in 2003

eanelson4

My favorite athletes growing up were in order -

1. Reggie White- looks to be the non tarnished one, w/Griffey that I looked up to

2. Brett Favre - not steroids but still has ruined his legacy

3. Barry Bonds - his 73 HR season was the first I followed

4. A-Rod -Thought he has clean, seemed like a natural

5. Griffey- I still think he's clean, I hope so. If Arod did, he could have

6. Sosa - I liked his swing as a kid, all or nothing.

Has not been a good year for the guys I used to look up to.

Well you gotta make sure people know you just can't lie to congress. And Sosa's lying to Congress was seen by millions. They gotta do something to make it look like at least they are looking into it. He swore to tell the truth.

My favorite athletes growing up were in order -

1. Reggie White- looks to be the non tarnished one, w/Griffey that I looked up to

2. Brett Favre - not steroids but still has ruined his legacy

3. Barry Bonds - his 73 HR season was the first I followed

4. A-Rod -Thought he has clean, seemed like a natural

5. Griffey- I still think he's clean, I hope so. If Arod did, he could have

6. Sosa - I liked his swing as a kid, all or nothing.

Has not been a good year for the guys I used to look up to.

Um...I like Reggie White for what he did for the Pack...but you are lying to yourself if you call him untarnished. He stole money that was meant to rebuild his church and that whole antigay speach in front of the the state assembly was pretty bad. Its also you opinion that Favre has ruined his legacy, why do you blame him for wanting to play the game that he loves, it was Ted Thompson who wouldnt let him play for the packers, not Favre wanting to play for another team.

I just hope they release all the names from 2003 so we can move on from this thing. It is obvious Sosa was juicing. There is only 1 name everyone cares about from the list, Pujols. Lets see if he is on the list and then move on with the understanding that when you look at the stats from the steroid era you need to round down a little bit.

Yeah they need to release the whole list of players.....Thats unfair to the names already out there and unfair to the innocent. What does it matter if the name is Sosa or Alex Sanchez? They are both cheaters.

I wonder what former Brewers are on the list.

I've long suspected Jenkins, all of a sudden everything he hit hard started dying at the warning track when you could tell he thought he got enough to get it out. Oddly Hall is doing the same thing, any ball that carries a little bit he stands and watches like he thinks it's going to leave the park. I think in Hall's case it's more likely he's lost his explosiveness due to his swing mechanics, he's losing a ton of power through his core, but I'll always be suspicious of Jenks.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'm also on the bandwagon for releasing all the names. I don't like how sticky the legal situation is, what with the results never supposed to be revealed, but there are several problems with using that as a reason to ignore the remaining players, from it being unfair to the players already outed if the rest of the positive tests are never released, plus the damage the trickle of released names is doing to the game.

More importantly though, the main issue here is that the players were cheating, and they did their best to ensure that they would be able to continue cheating for as long as they could. If the players' argument asks to preserve honesty in the nondisclosure agreement as a reason for not divulging the remaining names, they look rather laughable pretending that they have the moral high ground after so arrogantly breaking the rules.

Archived