Brewer Fanatic

Barriods Signs

first of all, wouldn't it be Barroids? It took me a while to figure out what Barriods Signs was.

Secondly, I agree about Tbow, since he's tested positive for a steroid.

Finally, I hate signs at sporting events. 9 out of 10 signs are rather pointless and stupid. 1 out of 10 is well done and funny.

I do agree signs are usually pointless and annoying.

I noticed in Minnesota, everywhere you looked there were signs. About ten times as many as Miller Park. Made me hate the metrodome more-so than I already did.

I still am not sure I agree on Turnbow though. The IOC considered it a steroid, but the U.S. Government and Major League Baseball didn't. (They do now).

Quote:
barry bonds is just a baseball player...he has about as much impact on anyone's life as garfield the cat...i suggest just letting it go.

Agreed.

I get tired of hearing the boos and what not. Sure, we can all dislike the guy. But do we need to conform to every other major league city that boos the piss out Bonds? Does it do any good? Probably not, the guy is used to it.

The fans boo Bonds but then snap their stinkin' digital cameras during his swing. I think a bigger statement would be to not show up at the park at all, a crowd of a couple thousand to watch Barry swat number 755, '56, etc would be a better protest. But that won't happen, because people love talking about how they saw Barry - "that jerk" - hit the record breaker.

I can't wait for this stupid record chase to be over, and for the steroid talk to slow down so that I can actually pay attention to baseball again and not be inundated with this steroid coverage that I really don't care about.

Finally, I hate signs at sporting events. 9 out of 10 signs are rather pointless and stupid.

And the people waving them always choose to pick them up and whip them around at the most inopportune time in the game you're trying to watch, despite a lack of cameras trained on them.

At any rate, I'm personally getting annoyed by the Bonds hate not because I'm OK that he very likely took steroids, and not because I like that he's a jerk, and not because I think America is racist, (although I do think he did take steroids, he is a jerk, and yeah, race probably plays a big part in the outrage) but that ultimately, it's completely not quantifiable--exactly which home runs should be scratched out of the books? (If any)

Tell me again which rule barry broke at the time he allegedly used?

It does look like he subsequently broke the "don't lie to a grand jury while under oath" rule. And you don't just get suspended for that -- you go to jail. (Unless you're Scooter Libby, that is.)

What I don't get is this: if Barry himself genuinely thought that what he was doing was perfectly legal and within the rules, why has he been lying and evading his rear end off about for the past several years?

Quote:

Steroids were illegal, both by law and MLB rules, in 1991.

FAY VINCENT MEMO

That said, the fact there is more outrage over Bonds damaging his own body than there is about Vick's puppy murdering compound says a lot about what we seem to value as a society. Bonds hasn't kicked my dog, slapped my mother, or slashed my tires. I don't root for him, but the fans on Friday seemed like they would have preferred him dead, and that is somewhat disturbing.

Everyone needs to be a bit more appreciative of Barry and what he has done for our entertainment. In his chase to break a homerun record (legally or not) he has probably shaved 20 years off his life to hit a ball; a ball he already could hit better than almost anyone who has played the game.

Not many people would nail their own coffin shut for our entertainment. So next time just say, "Thanks Barry."

personally, i think it would be great if everytime he came to the plate the entire stadium was just dead silent. it would never happen, but a sell out crowd that doesn't make a peep until he got out would really be something commendable, by any stadium. it would probably ice bonds a bit as well.

this record doesn't matter much anyway, in 10 years, i hope a rod or pujols breaks it. on a side note, braun got 15 dingers in 50 games, the most recent rookie to do that was pujols who got it in 49.

Quote:

Only if you can tell me where I said he did.

Quote:
probably because 90% of they say "circle me bert"

That's exactly right! I really want to see a Twins broadcast now, because by the optimism of all of those fans with signs it seems like Bert must circle 400+ signs a night or somethign

I swear to the deity of your choice, when I saw this thread topic, I wondered for a full ten seconds who Barriods was and what team he had signed with. Must be the same team that has WOAH SOLVDD at catcher.

Greg.

Archived