Brewer Fanatic

Parra sent to Nashville; Narveson up

Invader3K

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw Narveson pitch a week ago in Nashville and he was pretty dominate. He pitched 4 innings in relief, didn't walk a batter and didn't give up many hits either. Parra needs a place get his head on straight and Nashville is the place to do it.

Not sure where I read it, but the Brewers are something like 6-23 in his last 29 starts.

Awful.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I don't think Narveson is up as a starter, he hasn't started a game this year. It would be my guess that he is the 2nd left that Melvin wants and they will make a decision in a few days on who will replace Parra at the next turn.

Does Narveson go into the rotation?

My guess is that Naverson is up to provide relief for the bullpen until the next start in which Manny was slated for... At that time they could send Naverson back down and bring up Dillard... Dillard is pitching tonight so he would be on track to take Manny's next start... With Dillard pitching tonight, no need to call him up since he won't be able to pitch over the next few days...

I wish Parra the best in turning this around, but frankly this is a move that has to be made. Parra was struggling too much to even keep the team in a position to win at this point.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Maybe he'll be the next Roy Halladay http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Halladay went 149 IP of 3.92 ERA his first season and followed it up with a 10.64 ERA in 67.2 IP the next year and has been arguably the best pitcher in baseball since he came back up.

Guess he could be the next Fausto Carmona too who hasn't been effective since falling apart!~

Good lucky Manny. Right the ship, you have good stuff. See you once you correct your problems and give us a push for a playoff run.
Wow, I wish I had your perspective.

I know it just happened, but I hope I don't see him until next year, if then. Something about his demeanor/body language has never sat well with me.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Does anyone have the "magic" to run his numbers pre and post Prince Fielder assault in the dugout? Curious...

Pre Prince (includes 2007): 145.1 IP, 3.90 ERA, 1.49 WHIP, 9.10 H/9, 4.33 BB/9, 7.61 K/9

Post Prince (includes playoffs): 108 IP, 6.42 ERA, 1.81 WHIP, 11.67 H/9, 4.58 BB/9, 8.5 K/9

I drew this from memory, but the Brewers are 6-19 in Manny's past 25 starts, dating back to July 3 -- the debacle in Arizona:

CHW: L

@ATL: L

@FLA: L

STL: L

@MIN: L

@STL: W

FLA: W

@CIN: W

ARZ: L

@HOU: L

@PHI: L

CIN: L

@SF: L

@PHI: L

SD: L

@STL: L

HOU: W

@LAD: L

WSH: W

@CIN: L

CHC: L

HOU: L

@SF: W

CIN: L

@ARZ: L

The pre vs. post Prince fight stats are kind of fascinating. I am not sure that it really has any bearing as I am sure there are a number of variables, but intriguing nonetheless. Anyway, frustrating Parra/Brewers day all around.

Does anyone have the "magic" to run his numbers pre and post Prince Fielder assault in the dugout? Curious...

Pre Prince (includes 2007): 145.1 IP, 3.90 ERA, 1.49 WHIP, 9.10 H/9, 4.33 BB/9, 7.61 K/9

Post Prince (includes playoffs): 108 IP, 6.42 ERA, 1.81 WHIP, 11.67 H/9, 4.58 BB/9, 8.5 K/9

What are the numbers from the Fielder incident until September though which is where he started to have problems. You would think if the Fielder thing 'caused a problem' it would have been immediete. I'm guessing there is no cause and effect here.

Those numbers are pretty astounding though, almost the entire difference appears to just be in hits allowed.

I know it just happened, but I hope I don't see him until next year, if then. Something about his demeanor/body language has never sat well with me.

I guess I'm not a fan of statements like this. Hid demeanor/body language was fine in the minors and it was fine when he was pitching well in Milwaukee. I still think Manny will be a big part of the Brewers future (I see him as a #3) and this to me is a case of Manny just not trusting his stuff and trying to get too cute. It is though pretty poor timing. I think this really forces the Brewers to make a trade (now or in a few weeks) if they want to make a run at the playoffs.

What are the numbers from the Fielder incident until September though which is where he started to have problems. You would think if the Fielder thing 'caused a problem' it would have been immediete. I'm guessing there is no cause and effect here.

Those numbers are pretty astounding though, almost the entire difference appears to just be in hits allowed.

Parra being abused and over worked early in the season last year was the reason why Parra fell apart after the All Star break last year. I was asking for Parra to be in the bullpen near the all star break and a lot of people were not so confident in that should be what Parra should go. After Parra was abused some more last year he was finally put into the bullpen but by that time it was way to late and the damage already had been done.

Remember last year Parra was suppose to be eased into the rotation after coming off of the injury and his innings and number of pitches were to be limited in the beginning of the year. Of course Yost never did what he said he was going to do by leaving Parra out there well beyond where he should have been. This is not an excuse why Parra is doing so bad but this certainly didn't help Parra at all. The Brewers last year should have taken the Kershaw route the Dodgers are taking this year by limiting his innings pitched and his pitch count. Notice Kershaw is already in the bullpen for the Dodgers after not being able to keep his pitch count down and the number of innings pitched down. There was no reason for the Brewers to trot Parra out there and keep him out there for so long last year in the beginning of the year.

Could be nate82. The entire situation does seem a lot like the Capuano one after they abused him his best season to try to get him 20 wins. The next year his peripherals looked ok but the results weren't nearly as good and then he had arm problems. I agree with you that it isn't just mental, his control is just too off for that to be the case. At the very least his mechanics are probably in need of some work.

You would think if the Fielder thing 'caused a problem' it would have been immediete. I'm guessing there is no cause and effect here.

Yeah, I wasn't saying there was, just posted the numbers. The start after the "Fielder incident" he pitched 7 innings of 1 run ball and struck out 9. Of course that was against the Nationals, but still. If it really effected him, I would suspect it would've been the next start.

Archived