Brewer Fanatic

Your thoughts on this offer? Please let us know!

Jake Mentch, the Brewers ticket rep who is coordinating the Brewerfan ticket discounts, is looking for feedback (positive or negative) from those who have used the offer and those who have considered doing so.

If you've purchased tickets through the Brewerfan offer, what did you like about it? What (if anything) would you like to see done differently?

Was it easy to use? Do you like the game selection? Are the available games updated in a timely enough manner?

If you thought about using the Brewerfan offer, but didn't, why did you decide to pass?

Please leave your comments here so the information can be forwarded to the Brewers.

Thanks Guys!

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

As they say on eBay: A+++ Will probably buy again! We got 10 tickets in Field Level - Outfield for $19. SUPER Deal! We are teachers, and it allowed us to take a vanload of recent high school grads to see a game. Seats were great. Girls got to ogle and holler at Braun (who seemed to acknowledge them from time to time) and my 11 yr old, who came too, got to go down in between innings and beg for warm-up balls. Even called a couple days b/4 the game and was able to get one more ticket - only one row away. Jake was easy to work with, and replied timely to my emails. The games have been listed early enough for me - usually at least a month ahead of time. I think this will be a great way to supplement our 20 game pack, and maybe invite some different friends to the games. I noticed that there aren't a lot of weekend games, but I totally understand. Great deals, good service. PERFECT in my book!

Its understandable, but putting weekend games (or more of them) would allow the non-Milwaukee BF.net community to utilize the offer more. Other than that, I'm not sure how you can complain about ticket discounts. I've used it once (Memorial Day) and everything was great.

I think the offers are great...but like sbrylski alluded to, the fact that I don't live in the Milwaukee area pretty much prevents me from taking advantage of any of these ticket deals. Hopefully once summer is in full swing and the wife is done with work (public high school), I might be able to take advantage. Some weekend games would be nice, and I would probably buy those. I know that is probably not a realistic possibility right now, though.

I did buy the discounted Dew Deck tickets on Memorial Day, and those were a great value. Had a great time too.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Used it for the 6/11 Thursday afternoon game. $54 for 3 in section 222 was great. Only $1 handling too. Probably wouldn't have gone otherwise. Weekday evening games in Apr/May were half price I believe. For June and presumably July and August they're $4 off. That's great if you're already planning on going but not enough to encourage me to go otherwise. In any case it was easy to do and it's a nice to great option.

As a non Milwaukee resident, I'll probably only make 2 games this year instead of the 6-8 trips I normally made, but that's because I'll be going to rattler games instead. We have a family outing at the end of June, and my immediate family will probably go down to another game, I'll utilize the bf.net discount at that time and have more feedback on the experience.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Fantastic!

I just got off the phone with Jake, I called to see if I could get seats that were more to my liking than the default that the website was giving. Took about a minute to get just what I wanted.

The $1 per ticket service charge is a great bonus over the usual (and somewhat ridiculous) $3+ per ticket and $2 per order to print or $4 to mail.

• 2 weeks later...

When the Brewerfan discount was first announced, I was happy, but figured that with two 20-packs of tickets already purchased (and living outside southeast Wisconsin), we wouldn't have much leeway to add games and thus make use of the discount. However, we did spring for the Memorial Day Dew Deck game, which was an interesting experience (though wouldn't you know, that was the day one of our "ordinary" seats was chosen for the free Wisconsin State Fair tickets - but our friends won, so that was still good). We also bought a small block of tickets for Tuesday's game and I guess I'll find out in a few days what the view is like from those seats.

Some of the other discounts have been deeper (Facebook, webgems, etc.), even for mid-summer games, but the Brewerfan discount is often competitive, plus it's just cool that the Brewers have reached out in this way to our community. The service has been attentive and lightning-quick. I did the Dew Deck transaction by phone and the June 30 transaction online. Though we have tickets to many of the remaining home games already, we haven't ruled out using the Brewerfan discount again.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm planning on using the discount for at least 2 dates down the road. Like hawing, I live in Madison and based my decision to go on being able to get great seats at a discounted rate.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• 3 weeks later...
Just like to say thanks to Jake (and the Brewers) for this offer. I just bought 8 club seats at $18/each for the 8/26 game for an annual outing with a group of work friends.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• 2 weeks later...

Having a deal like this early in the season would definitely encourage me to buy in advance.

I hope Jake can hook us up again next year!

• 2 weeks later...

We had our game this past Wednesday and had a great time. Everyone loved the seats in the club level, especially those who had never been up there before. They really enjoyed walking the concourse and checking out the MLB stadium pictures hanging outside the suites.

Plus, we got a few drinks from our favorite club level bartender Angelo!

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket deals were great to us. We used it about 5 or 6 times to get tickets within a day or two of the game when we decided to go kind of last minute. The deals were usually a little cheaper than you could find on stubhub after their fees. Granted we live very close to the stadium, but I would certainly love to see this kind of deal back again next year.

Edit--Wanted to add that we usually did it online, but twice called and spoke with Jake and he was absolutely fantastic and cordial about the deals and what he could and could not get us as far as seat locations and tickets.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow up on this (now that the home season is done)...the two transactions for which I used the Brewerfan offer both went smoothly (and both resulted in the Brewers winning http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif). We didn't select any Brewerfan games after June 30, but that has more to do with our already having two 20-packs than any shortcoming of the offer.

If you're reading, Jake, thanks again for extending this offer. Here's hoping it can return in 2010.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived