Brewer Fanatic

BF.net interviews Rollie Fingers

Todd is on a roll with the great interviews.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I'm starting to well up with Brewer pride with all these ex-Brewers giving us insight into their time with the game. First Brooks, and now this!

Many thanks to the site for the added dimension of Brewer konwledge and insight. Great work Todd.

Two things...first, Rollie said he was a bit surprised that none of his former teams had ever asked him to help their young pitchers...I find that hard to believe. The man has three rings, a World Series MVP, a League MVP and a Cy Young Award, and he retired with more saves than anyone in MLB history. He might know something about getting hitters out.

The other thing...I think it's time for Brian to grow a handlebar.

Who's with me?

Wow, some great stories I'd never heard before. Thanks to Todd and Brewerfan, and, of course, Rollie (I was surprised he didn't plug his wine more!).

A website called Oaklandish is selling this shirt locally:

http://www.oaklandish.com/shop/images/M_Rollie_GY_Grey.jpg

(That's the Oakland city logo on the hat)

I wish our t-shirt guys would make something similar!

Todd how do you keep getting these people to do interviews? I don't want it to sound like I'm not appreciative of what you've already done but can we look forward to more interviews? You're earning yourself first ballot Brewer Fan Hall of Fame status here. I have to admit that I'm hoping some day to see you've interviewed Russell Branyan.

You might not want to tell Russell that you're from bf.net. We don't really know how he feels about his cult status around here. He could be appreciative...or a little creeped out. Or a lot creeped out.

Edit: okay, just got through the interview, too. Had to Wikipedia Charlie Finley, but that was some great stuff. Well done http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Rollie called me today, to go over a couple of things.

I just had to come on here again, to thank Brian for building this site, and allowing me to play on it...and to thank Rollie, for treating me so well.

Rollie, I know you're on here reading the interview right now....if you happened to open this thread....thank you so much....you couldn't have been more pleasant to talk to.

• 2 weeks later...

Todd, not to ask for your secrets, but did you just find out how to get ahold of these guys and call them, or email them or how's that work?

Great job, can anyone imagine 25 guys similar to Rollie on one team? No wonder the A's were so crazy!

BCZF...thank you.

Bikeage...there's no "one way" to network. Some players work through agents, others through friends...and sometimes you just plain get lucky.

The advice I'll give anyone, in any field, is to make yourself easy to find, and respect others. That combination is foolproof, you'll be surprised by what doors will open in time.

Archived