Brewer Fanatic

Anyone going to Omaha?

CWSOmaha
Anyone going out to Omaha for the College World Series this weekend or next week? I am going to be out there Mon-Wed,(that's all my budget will allow). Looking to see if anyone from the board goes out there. This will be my 10th straight year at Rosenblatt.

Getting to Omaha is one of my dreams, so consider me jealous! My current job doesn't allow me to take even a mini-vacation in mid-June unfortunately.

Have a great time. Keep an eye on Cal State Fullerton's Khris Davis, one of the Brewers' recent draftees.

ColbyJack-I've been a middle school teacher the past 19 years so I have a great chance to go every year(as long as I have the cash!). If you can get there next year do it at all costs. It's the last year at Rosenblatt Stadium(very similar to County Stadium) before they move to a new downtown park in 2011. I will try to meet Kris Davis when Fullerton gets off the bus or after their game. The players/coaches at the CWS are very accessible.

Just wish Erin Andrews was also as easily accessible!!!!!

Joshua502000-Wish I could afford to do a week, the atmosphere at Rosenblatt and in Omaha is awesome!!!

I went there as a summer road trip in high school I believe 2001. Players were very accessible including 3 1st rounders in Mark Prior, Chris Burke and Jake Gautreau. Burke was very friendly as was Prior surprising. Jake didn't talk much however. Great experience. Rosenblatt is gorgeous.

They'll be building a new stadium in the near future, so the whole atmosphere of the CWS will change and probably get more expensive for the fan (paid parking lots, commercialization, etc). My fiance is from Omaha, and I've attended the last three CWS's - definitely a good time and something every single fan of baseball should experience in their lifetimes. I can do without it being 100, but this year it's been so cold in the spring that the weather "should" be pretty good.

If you can get there next year do it at all costs. It's the last year at Rosenblatt Stadium(very similar to County Stadium) before they move to a new downtown park in 2011.

Good point, thanks for the reminder. I may have to fly in to Omaha for a day next year just to catch Rosenblatt before it's gone. This may sound crazy, but that's a bigger priority to me than seeing Fenway before/if they ever tear that thing down.

I am seriously thinking of going next year, barring any unexpected changes in my life..

Do you need to order tickets WAY in advance, like I do when the hoops first / second round games are in Milwaukee?

Any info is much appreciated!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I live in Omaha and have gone to many games in Rosenblatt. Rosenblatt is a dump and will not be missed by me. They are building two new stadiums...one for 10 days a year downtown and one out in the suburbs for the Royals Triple A affiliate.

Getting tickets is not very difficult. Getting good tickets is.

I live in Omaha and have gone to many games in Rosenblatt. Rosenblatt is a dump and will not be missed by me. They are building two new stadiums...one for 10 days a year downtown and one out in the suburbs for the Royals Triple A affiliate.

Getting tickets is not very difficult. Getting good tickets is.

So, you just show up the day of games?

And, would you expand on the 'procedure' of getting 'good tickets'?

Thanks in advance http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

You can get tickets via ticket master for most games. They sell GA tickets at the local Grocery chain (Hy-Vee) that will get you in the door.

There are season tickets that are the reserved tickets that are the best seats. These have been in families for years and years and you need to know someone, generally to get those.

It all depends on what teams are there. This year it was a sellers market because of LSU and Texas who bring tons of fans(when Nebraska was there the chance of getting tickets was slim and none). Most of the times the games sell out in April. 2006-2008 was a buyers market and tickets could be found for face value from the locals who just wanted to get rid of them. It is much easier to get tickets for the 1pm games because the local season ticket holders work during the day and then go to the games at night.Yes you can buy tickets through ticketmaster when they go on sale in April but that is no sure thing either and it's very limited. You can also pay large amounts from scalpers. I was buying a ticket this week from someone when a scapler came by and offered the guy $10 for the ticket. I asked him why would he sell it to you for $10 when I'm paying face value $20??!! Some guy wanted to sell me a $20 ticket for $80, I just laughed and walked away. I've sat in everything BUT box seats between 1st and 3rd base and they all have been good seats. They also sell obstructed view seats that I would never sit it because the seat is tiny and the view is obstructed. Each day 1,000 tickets go on sale for that days games. Just an example I waiting in line 3 hours(8:30-11:30) Tues morning to get a ticket to Texas/ASU. Yes Rosenblatt is a dump but a dump very similar to County Stadium. If you really like baseball it's the atmosphere at the ballpark there. Something you don't get at Miller Park or any major league park. Plus because it's NCAA no beer is sold at the stadium, which in some aspects is kind of nice. The games/venue/stadium are also very family friendly.

Archived