Brewer Fanatic

Question on Season Ticket holder perks.

panthernick
I know this has come up previously, but isn't it one of the perks of being a season ticket holder to avoid the fees that are incurred while placing orders online? The reason I ask is, the Brewers have a current promo in the Gameday given away at the game for 2 infield loge box seats for the price of one for Wed against the Twinkies. (The code is "Gameday" for anyone who hasn't seen.) I called the season ticket office and they won't order me the tickets because its "web only". I thought that was one of my perks?

I think the deal of the "webgem" is considered to outweigh the season ticket status. We used the webgem for the Colorado series and were charged the fees; but we also got loge infield tickets for $25 each, plus four sodas, two bags of peanuts and two bags of crackerjack.

In every instance that we've avoided ticket fees due to our season ticket holder status, it's been when dealing directly with our ticket rep, by phone or email. Since that has worked wonderfully for us, I've rarely purchased Brewers tickets online.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think the price of my seats is a pretty good perk, as well as the ability to buy extra tickets for opening day and all the other games before the general public. Metavante passes, although prolific, are still nice. And selling my extra tickets through stubhub is super convenient. Postseason ticket rights are pretty awesome too. I'm happy with the perks I get.

If you don't count reduced ticket prices, reduced preferred parking prices, ability to wave ticket fees in certain situations, first chance at playoff and (maybe someday) World Series tickets, special season-ticket holder only offers throughout the season, special coupons with your ticket package, and an early renewal perk every year, ya, I suppose they don't.

It depends on what you value. If you consider it a perk to lock in your seat location and game dates in advance, then being a season ticket holder and committing to X number of tickets up front is worthwhile. If you are confident that the Brewers will make the postseason and don't want to scramble for tickets, being a season ticket holder comes in handy.

If you place a higher value on, say, getting the best possible price for every game they attend (and don't mind a lot of those games being during the week and/or vs. lower profile opponents), you might be better off waiting for the plethora of discounts the Brewers offer. Some of those discounts are greater than those offered to season ticket holders.

Some of the more tangible perks are of finite value to parts of the season ticket audience. This year's Metavante Club passes are only handy to fans who like the Metavante Club (the player meet of 2008 was about 1000 times cooler for me). Attending a season ticket holder luncheon would require a full day off work for us, so we've never done it. I love the free media guide, but if they didn't provide it I would probably still buy one.

I don't know how the Brewers' perks compare to those of other MLB clubs, but now I'm mildly interested to poke around and find out.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

as well as the ability to buy extra tickets for opening day and all the other games before the general public.
They let you buy extra opening day tickets this year?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yes, but think how much more in demands Brewers tickets are than Bucks tickets right now (at least I assume).
sure, but its not like brewers tickets are impossible. bucks played to 82% of capacity and the brewers were about 85% (give or take) last year.

besides a couple games a year, the brewers are a fairly easy ticket.

I think the price of my seats is a pretty good perk, as well as the ability to buy extra tickets for opening day and all the other games before the general public. Metavante passes, although prolific, are still nice. And selling my extra tickets through stubhub is super convenient. Postseason ticket rights are pretty awesome too. I'm happy with the perks I get.
The ability to buy extra tickets is cool. I don't get metavante passes. I've never been up there during a game. My tickets are "not good enough" to get them. StubHub is available to everyone. Postseason is great if they want to get their more than once a quarter century. Anybody can buy discounted parking tickets, all you have to do is ask at least 24 hours before game time. Then I'm not buying parking to games I'm not attending. The free media guide is a cool, albeit cheap, perk.

Perks they used to have but took away: free shoulder patch that the players wear that year, taking batting practice at MP (this is the one I miss the most), signed bat from the reigning RotY.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Robin, the fact is the Brewers are the hot ticket in the state (I guess if you don't include Gokey). So the Brewers do NOT have to add extra perks that would convince people to get ST despite a crappy product. I'd assume that in a few years when the Brewers are rebuilding and putting out a junk product again, something to thank the fans for sticking it out. But right now, with a contending team, 3 million sold already, they don't need to extend a hand to the fan base as much as they have in the past.

They still do the BP thing, it's just way way way more selective.

temke[/b]]
Invader3K[/b]]Yes, but think how much more in demands Brewers tickets are than Bucks tickets right now (at least I assume).
sure, but its not like brewers tickets are impossible. bucks played to 82% of capacity and the brewers were about 85% (give or take) last year.

That 82% attendance is the paid attendance, meaning the tickets were already purchased via season tickets and other outlets. I went to about 5 or so Bucks games and if they had more than 8000 there on any of those nights, I would be shocked. The Bucks are having a hard time giving their tickets away, so it is no surprise that they are offering up the store to keep their season ticket holders. But it is cyclical, the Bucks we be good again some day and all of the cheap (some times free) tickets will be gone along with the jerseys, concession money, ect. so enjoy it while you can. That or they will move to another city and we can all enjoy a movie at the local iPic. If you looked at other MLB clubs, you will find the Brewers have some of the best season ticket perks.

temke[/b]]
Invader3K[/b]]Yes, but think how much more in demands Brewers tickets are than Bucks tickets right now (at least I assume).

That 82% attendance is the paid attendance, meaning the tickets were already purchased via season tickets and other outlets. I went to about 5 or so Bucks games and if they had more than 8000 there on any of those nights, I would be shocked. The Bucks are having a hard time giving their tickets away, so it is no surprise that they are offering up the store to keep their season ticket holders. But it is cyclical, the Bucks we be good again some day and all of the cheap (some times free) tickets will be gone along with the jerseys, concession money, ect. so enjoy it while you can. That or they will move to another city and we can all enjoy a movie at the local iPic. If you looked at other MLB clubs, you will find the Brewers have some of the best season ticket perks.

it is still 82% of tickets that are not available for purchase from the ticket office. i was just trying to point out that the brewers are not a difficult ticket short of a couple games/series. nearly any night you can walk up and get tickets

I believe only a couple games a year ever "sell out", meaning no more tiks are available. You can walk up and get a SRO ticket all but Opening Day and maybe one other game.

I thought about driving down for the season finale last year, and they sold them right up to game time.

Miller park holds 45000+. The BC holds about 19000. Of course it is easier to get 82% of the BC "filled," there are less seats. That accompanied by the fact that the Bucks have half the number of home games would lead the logical person to think that the Bucks should have no problem filling up the BC. But once you enter the arena it is a ghost town. Let me make an analogy. The Marlins on any given night will say they have 10000+ in attendance, but we all know just by watching the game there are maybe a couple thousand at best. For bad teams, announced attendance is often very different from the actual number of tickets scanned. I don't think anyone will argue that you cannot get a Brewers ticket on almost any night, but what kind of seat will it be? Probably not a very good one. Again it depends on the game with the Brewers. W/ the Bucks, there are not too many games where you can say that.

Did the Brewers offer more perks before they got good? I've had mine for 4 years and not much has changed.

Obviously discounted tickets, playoff privelage, getting tickets for other games before the public are pretty much standard with season tickets packages with the majority of all pro sports teams, so while they are nice to have I don't consider those to be perks that are "above and beyond."

Well first, I'll apologize for the bit of snark in my earlier post, but I've personally always liked the perks I get as a seat holder, but I've never bothered to look at what other teams offer.

However, nobody is really saying what we're missing, and I was curious what other benefits people feel are missing that other teams offer. So here's my look at the benefits given by other teams in our division, except the Cubs who don't seem to list their benefits.

I have to admit, some teams have some nice perks we don't, however, they also tend to be the teams that have been cellar teams for a bit. There are some minor differences (i.e. the Astros have a digital newsletter for seat holders) that I don't think I'd squabble over being big bonus perks, but there are others that would be great for the Brewers to do/consider I think.

Some of these benefits are likely only for full season accounts too, bear in mind, but here are some differences I noticed:

Astros

They don't seem to list benefits between partial season tickets and full season. The benefits that are listed are labeled Full Season Benefits.

• Ability to buy tickets to non-baseball events, Madonna concert given as an example, not all that applicable to Miller Park.
  • MVP electronic newsletter
  • 2 free tickets to an exhibition game in Houston
  • Random drawings to throw out the first pitch or attend batting practice
  • Half price College Classics tickets
  • Be in focus groups
  • MVP cards for 15% off of merchandise in team stores
  • No mention of Opening Day tickets

Cardinals

The Cards offer the least, but they don't really have a problem with attendance either.

• Season ticket holder gift (doesn't state what it is)
  • MVP card for discounts in team stores (doesn't state amounts)
  • Gameday magazine subscription

Pirates

The Pirates have some crazy perks, but they look to come at a hefty price. They more money you spend, the bigger the perks.

They offer gifts and early renewal incentives that are to numerous to list, but are certainly worth seeing here. Other benefits:

• Free bonus games, depending on your package tier
  • 2 free PiratesFest tickets
  • Season ticket holder website
  • Early access to the park
  • ID card to use for 15% off merchandise over $75
  • Free scoreboard message

Reds

• Free RedsFest tickets
  • Luncheon with players and coaches
  • Free scoreboard message for top 3 plans
  • Opening Day for top 2 plans

Archived