Brewer Fanatic

Trade chatter heating up (6/11)...

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As pointed out by others in the Peavy trade rumor thread, I don't like his contract and what it would do to the Brewers budget in years to come. A contract like that for the Brewers is a potential franchise killer. As others have pointed out, I don't really trust Peavy out of Petco Park, although some have made good arguments that its not as big a deal as one may think.

From just a "gut" fan standpoint, personally, i think peavy seems like the anti-C.C.

Sabathia couldn't wait to get here, put on the uniform, be part of a winning team. We all saw it last year. How Peavy has handled the White Sox trade, his no-trade clause, etc. has just rubbed me the wrong way. If we are going to mortgage the future of the franchise (trading more prospects, committing a ton of money to one player who takes the mound ever five games) I want to see it be for somebody who instills more confidence in me as a fan.

And, finally, Halladay is a much better pitcher in my opinion. I'd rather have him on this team down the stretch. Based on all that, I don't think it makes me crazy to say I want no part of him.

Witnessing these things unfold is agonizing.

i agree, the worse part is waiting for a trade to go down, knowing we should be getting a decent starter, wondering what we gave up. Atleast when the CC trade went down last year, there were no rumors of a completed trade until it went down.

Haren would be great he is signed through 2012 with a club option for 2013. His contract is 4/45 million the option is 15.5 million for 2013. The Dbacks would want a lot back in prospects though.

I can't imagine the Crew would go for Webb given that he hasn't pitched this year. There'd also be zero chance of resigning him given that he'll get Sabathia-like money. I love Webb, but I don't expect it

The Dbacks have Haren signed for a few years. The got him in a deal that included Brett Anderson and Carlos Gonzalez, among others. For comparisons, those two are better than Taylor Green and Parra/Jeffress. I'd also be leery of acquiring anyone the A's traded away. Hudson, Mulder, Zito, and Harden are all risky players now. They were used, then left to the DL on the next team (or ineffectiveness). The only really successful pitcher post-Oakland has been Aaran Harang so far. While you could include Haren, I'm weary that he'll be falling next.

Kind of weird that no one else seems to be talking about this. Nothing on Haudricourt's blog yet, and nothing on MLB Trade Rumors. I'm sure Brian's sources here were solid, but hopefully no one jumped the gun on this.

Edit: I would also add that I think any talk of Roy Halladay being traded is a pipe dream at this point. His team is only 3 games out of first place, and it's only mid-June. We'd have to gut our farm system to get him, and I doubt Toronto is going to throw in the towel on this season just yet.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

All throughout the night, I was having dreams that Peavy and his family flew into Milwaukee in the middle of the night and I was the only one who knew about it. I was going to post something but decided not to as I was going to let the big boys get the scoop. I woke up upset to realize it was only a dream and we're currently still without Peavy or someone to that magnitude. Sure am glad I didn't post anything in my mid-slumber.

All throughout the night, I was having dreams that Peavy and his family flew into Milwaukee in the middle of the night and I was the only one who knew about it. I was going to post something but decided not to as I was going to let the big boys get the scoop. I woke up upset to realize it was only a dream and we're currently still without Peavy or someone to that magnitude. Sure am glad I didn't post anything in my mid-slumber.
I basically had the same dream. Except I went and picked up Peavy and his family. Tony Gwynn Jr was with them as well, but I made him take a taxi, don't know why.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

For what it is worth MLBtraderumors pretty much just posts things that are printed, I rarely see them reporting hearsay. Haudricourt's lack of reporting isnt surprising.
MLBTradeRumors contacted me about the rumors. I pretty much just relayed the things I've relayed here. They told me that if I got anything confirmed to let them know.

I'll take anything that's cheap. Penny doesn't scare me. I liked the Dye idea quite frankly. I'm less thrilled by Peavy.

But in the back of my mind I always envisioned something like Hall Suppan Hardy Parra and Hart for Cain and Zito, but that was nothing more than a brain-fart methinks.

For what it is worth MLBtraderumors pretty much just posts things that are printed, I rarely see them reporting hearsay. Haudricourt's lack of reporting isnt surprising.
MLBTradeRumors contacted me about the rumors. I pretty much just relayed the things I've relayed here. They told me that if I got anything confirmed to let them know.
So am I to understand that mlbtradeRUMORS isnt reporting the rumor until it is confirmed?? Odd since their name is RUMOR and this is precisely what it is. Oh well. That is why I come here and not other places.

mlbtraderumors mentions Stephen Drew could be available. I'd love him as I view him as an upgrade over Hardy. Very solid defense, never gets flustered, huge power (hasn't scratched the surface yet), lefty, and OBP. I'd happily trade them Tucson-boy (Hardy) and others if we could land Drew as part of a deal

I keep coming online expecting a ten page thread announcing we traded for Peavy. After this past series vs. Colorado I really need something to get me excited about baseball again! C'mon Doug, get it done!

Archived