Brewer Fanatic

Trade chatter heating up (6/11)...

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe what just happened with the draft is going to move the trade quickly. With college pitching early you would think they would be able to move them up faster than normal (next year) to replace the pitchers getting dealt this year in a trade. It's no secret San Diego wants young pitching back for Peavy.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

The CC thread sucked all the life out of the season for me last year. I will never revisit it.

Is this trade going to happen? Is it for real? I mean Tom Haudricourt hasn't even blogged anything about it and he knows everything there is to know about the Brewers. He is such a smart guy.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

However, I'm willing to bet that Melvin had second thoughts and decided to re-acquire Tony Gwynn.

I'm sorry but...that was hilarious!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Why can't you mention the name of the player that was mentioned? I don't understand how that would affect anything.
Because if you keep it vague, then regardless of what happens, your "scoop" can't be considered wrong. If the Brewers acquire any starter...the scoop isn't wrong. I don't feel any different today than yesterday when someone says, "The Brewers are going to acquire a starter, but I dont know who" That was pretty much a given all year. But Brian's information that something is in the works soon is still exciting.

FWIW, the "scoop" itself can't be wrong...it's simply a "scoop". Nobody knows with certainty how it will play out from here but it wouldn't change the reality of the situation at present. I'm certainly not concerned with being "right" (aside from the fact that either acquisition excites me). I stated already that I chose to be vague because I didn't receive the information firsthand. I could have posted nothing.

Anywho, I'll leave you with this. I got pretty excited reading through this thread myself because I can tell you that Bedard and Lee were not names mentioned to me either. That's a strong indicator that the organization is indeed inquiring about frontline starters. I think it's clear for anyone doing the math in this thread who the one guy is, and I'll tell you the name of the fallback I heard hasn't even been mentioned in this thread.

Richie wrote:

Anywho, I'll leave you with this. I got pretty excited reading through this thread myself because I can tell you that Bedard and Lee were not names mentioned to me either. That's a strong indicator that the organization is indeed inquiring about frontline starters. I think it's clear for anyone doing the math in this thread who the one guy is, and I'll tell you the name of the fallback I heard hasn't even been mentioned in this thread.

That post smells like Halladay to me...

Edit: the fallback, that is.

I want no part of Peavy. Doc Halladay on the other hand. I would be over the moon.
How could you want no part of Peavy? You're going to be giving up current roster spots plus prospects for either of them, so I can understand how you would want Halladay over Peavy. But I don't understand how you would want no part of Peavy? Are you suggesting that keeping our current SP's of Suppon, Parra, Looper and Bush while keeping our prospects is better than having a 1-2 punch of Yo and Peavy while losing some prospects?

I would take either. I like the 1-2 punch over our current SP situation. I also think that adding any front line SP to our squad is better than what we have now. It's Mark A's money...let him spend it. It's obvious he wants a winner and a visit to the Series. Go Brewers.

Archived