Brewer Fanatic

Trade chatter heating up (6/11)...

Could it just be that Hardy got the full day off because his back was barking?

If it was his back I would think we'd have heard something from either TH or on the broadcast today. TH hasn't said anything about his back and I don't recall Brian or Bill mentioning his back during the broadcast. And it was pretty weird that Macha used Rivera in the 9th when Hardy was still available.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good memory, brewtank. I remember thinking RyDogg had made a solid post at the time... looks downright 'Nostradomical' at this point http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
If it happens I want my tag changed. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
If it doesn't happen it should be changed to Nostradumbass
...or we could leave the Petty moniker...im cool either way.

Johann Santana and David Wright for an autographed Chad Fox baseball. Just a thought.
I don't know, they would probably insist on the Brewers throwing in a Rueben Quevedo game-used bat too. Deal-breaker for me.

The most obvious are the Padres, M's, and Giants. The Padres in part because they would also include that aforementioned backup plan--Chris Young. The M's have pitching. And my friend in the Bay Area insists he's still hearing about Sanchez and Cain being on the trade block. These three teams would also love to gain solid young players like Hardy, Hart, or Parra.

The Indians and Red Sox also make some sense, although with the Indians you're talking about the Brewers adding a lot in salary.

RyDogg66[/b]]...or we could leave the Petty moniker...im cool either way.
You're "cool"? That's rather presumptuous!

BTW, a friend of mine in San Diego has heard that Peavey is about to be dealt again although he is not an "insider" or anything. Fingers crossed...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Where exactly would Branyan play? Would you really send Gamel back down to replace him with Branyan?

I'm also not enamored with Randy Winn. Hart = Winn, IMO, and Hardy/Parra for Cain is way too much.

I am sure the Giants feel that Hardy/Parra is not enough for Cain... Cain is quickly turning into a legit #1 starter! He is young and his contract is very reasonable right now... I am sure that some other team in need of pitching can and will offer more for Cain then Hardy/Parra... Just my opinion...

You're "cool"? That's rather presumptuous!

Rydog is cooler than Samuel Jackson listening to Miles Davis in an igloo.

I am sure the Giants feel that Hardy/Parra is not enough for Cain...

Agreed -- they will probably get a better offer than that.

Now if we included Taylor Green (with Hardy & Parra for Cain).... Maybe, just maybe....

Cain's K/BB has been trending the wrong way. Maybe he has to potential to become an ace, but he is not currently one. Anything more than just Hardy would be an overpayment - his ERA and record misleads.

Cain's K/BB has been trending the wrong way. Maybe he has to potential to become an ace, but he is not currently one. Anything more than just Hardy would be an overpayment - his ERA and record misleads.

That may be true but my point is that another team will definately give up a better deal to get Cain... SF won't trade Cain for Hardy straight up, they just won't... I wouldn't if I were in their position either...

Perhaps some team out there is in need of a strong message board, and the hold up is they're trying to get Brian or Colby included in the deal

I have a no-trade clause to any city that doesn't have an Oakland Gyros.

Archived