Brewer Fanatic

Trade chatter heating up (6/11)...

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam McCalvy with an update, and is doubtful about the rumors.
The word "imminent" really caught on like wildfire, didn't it? I said it in one twitter post that included the words "believer beware". I've been pretty forthcoming with my info, so hopefully I don't get pigeonholed into "freaking geek" status. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Rickie would have to be activated from the DL within 6-months of being traded, I think (you can't trade an injured player, but you can include him as a PTBNL, which must be named within 6 months).
You can trade a player on the DL with the commissioner's approval.

I've been pretty forthcoming with my info, so hopefully I don't get pigeonholed into "freaking geek" status. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
I think Melvin's issue that time was players were named in that deal, and he didn't like the fact that the players had to deal with the rumors. Reporting that they're working on something that may be close, without naming players at all, should almost be appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Rotoworld is reporting Mr. Erik Bedard is going to miss his start tommorrow with "slight" shoulder inflammation. I am just going to hope that the inflamation is bogus and that Bedard is on his way to Milwaukee

Rotoworld is reporting Mr. Erik Bedard is going to miss his start tommorrow with "slight" shoulder inflammation. I am just going to hope that the inflamation is bogus and that Bedard is on his way to Milwaukee

Ok here comes the 500 + posts about Bedard talk.

AND I CAN'T WAIT for it!

Brian the Automator wrote:

hopefully I don't get pigeonholed into "freaking geek" status. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Are you going to change your title to "Freaking Geek" instead of "President / Dir of Site Ops" if it turns out to be a false rumor?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

OK this is just crazy. Three of the top targets for this trade rumor come up injured on the same night?

Tom Haudricourt not sugar coating his thoughts on the matter (from Twitter):

E-mailers asking me why I haven't picked up on local internet rumor that Brewers have "imminent" trade. I think the answer is obvious.

If I had a dollar for every internet trade rumor that was completely false, I could buy the Brewers and make any trade I wanted.

I'll report on "imminent" trade rumor when I think there is an iota of truth to it. And do those sites ever admit they were wrong? No.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I believe this threads title is very accurate and the original post by Brian is also accurate. Melvin confirmed that he has been talking to other GM's I also agree with Melvin that there probably won't be a trade anytime soon. The trade talks are starting to heat up but there is mostly smoke right now and not a lot of fire give this until the end of the month. I don't expect anything to get done and if anything does get it done the earliest it would happen would be the last week of June about the same time the Sabathia trade last year was completed.

Teams are not going to sell untill they know all of the buyers and sellers in the market are at least somewhat known it is just way to early yet for a major trade to happen. These are just my feelings on this.

Where did anybody say that a trade was "imminent"? Certainly not in this thread I don't think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody said that a trade was imminent.

This

"I like how Badger was able to influence this whole thing by adding the word "imminent". Brian has his sources over at brewerfan.net, but I'm not so sure the "imminent" thing was part of the discussion until this thread was made. No doubt people who frequent this site and Brian's flooded Haudricourt and McCalvy's inboxes, but I suspect the fact that the word "imminent" was used was why both of them reacted so boldly in shooting down these rumors."

From a thread over on sportsbubbler.com that has the title "Imminent trade?"

E-mailers asking me why I haven't picked up on local internet rumor that Brewers have "imminent" trade. I think the answer is obvious.

If I had a dollar for every internet trade rumor that was completely false, I could buy the Brewers and make any trade I wanted.

I'll report on "imminent" trade rumor when I think there is an iota of truth to it. And do those sites ever admit they were wrong? No.

Let me just say that while I respect TH because the life of a beat writer isn't easy, the difference between Adam McCalvy and TH as night and freaking day.

Archived