Brewer Fanatic

Trade chatter heating up (6/11)...

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the trade is for Peavy, then I am sure that Hardy won't be a part of it... San Diego is looking to cut payroll and rebuild which is why they are looking to unload Peavy... Any deal for Peavy will be about prospects... Hardy now has some cost to his salary with just 1 more year before free agency...

If the trade is for Peavy, then I am sure that Hardy won't be a part of it... San Diego is looking to cut payroll and rebuild which is why they are looking to unload Peavy... Any deal for Peavy will be about prospects... Hardy now has some cost to his salary with just 1 more year before free agency...
Hardy's cheaper and could be re-flipped at the deadline or in the offseason (when teams are rebuilding their rosters). However, I do agree that it seems less likely than other trade scenarios regarding SD.

That could be what was holding things up, as originally expected. It'd be interesting to see if anything developed the rest of the afternoon before the game tonight. If anyone's a suspicious scratch tonight I think this thread might explode. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Sounds like Peavy's DL stint has been reported on a San Diego station, per tweetings, but hasn't been officially confirmed anywhere else yet. Maybe he's just missing one start or something?
Or maybe he's being scratched for his "ankle", but they're really doing it to finalize the trade...we are all ridiculous, by the way

There is no trading of players that are on DL, unless it's as a PTBNL after they are healthy, and there's no way Peavy is a PTBNL.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Players on the 40 man roster are not eligible to be PTBNL.

If, I mean when, the Brewers deal for a pitcher, it will be for minor leaguers. SD is a completely stats driven organization. In a deal with them, we be sending out youngsters with good stats that might not have the ability to translate their present success to the majors. SD is clueless, its why they're terrible in the majors and have a talentless minor league system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

So, would a Chris Young and Heath Bell for Hardy, Parra and CV be a good trade in anyone elses opinion?
I can't imagine why SD would say, "Hey, Milwaukee, you already have our legendary closer - why not take the other closer too?"
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I just wanted to chime in with the biggest indication that something is going on...

Contrary to popular opinion, Doug Melvin shoots straight with the media. He is very forthcoming with Tom Haudricourt.

Tom Haudricourt is also very in tune with the Brewer fans - and I am sure he has gotten a bazillion messages about a pending trade. Tom usually takes a quick blog and gets a quote from Melvin that nothing is going on. At the very least, Haudricourt will always report that there is nothing to the rumors.

I have to imagine that Haudricourt is only keeping silent because Melvin asked him to - because nothing is imminent at this point yet.

Archived