Brewer Fanatic

Trade chatter heating up (6/11)...

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After reading Kenny Williams comments about adding speed and defense, I wonder if a Hart for Dye trade would work. Dye has hit RH pitchers really well this year, and in my opinion is a big upgrade. I am excited to hear what Melvin has cooking

Thats the first thing I thought of also Luke, I think Jermaine Dye would be a nice addition to our lineup. It would be interesting to see that happen when we play them this weekend. I would like to see Dotel included in the deal.

Parra to the bullpen......pitcher "x" to the rotation??? Hmmmm.
Why would you send someone with a high walk rate to the bullpen? That is the last place you would want someone who walks a lot of batters to be.

Melvin was on TMJ this morning and he talked a lot about the need for another lefty reliever but they have internal candidates for that job.
Parra to the bullpen......pitcher "x" to the rotation??? Hmmmm.

I like your thought pattern here Klements. Brian, please bring us some news of an early Christmas.

"Why would you send someone with a high walk rate to the bullpen? That is the last place you would want someone who walks a lot of batters to be. "

Long relief role, possibly, work in low leverage situations. It would either be Swindell or Parra. Parra does have short periods of brillance where he strikes out the side, etc. Conversely, he can walk the bases full. Parra might be also used to cover a few innings late in the games if Stetter isn't available. He might benefit staying with the big club under the current coaching, versus getting sent down. Just a thought.

I'm going to be vague because I didn't get the information firsthand, but the source is legit. What I have heard is the Brewers already have a deal in place to acquire a starter and if that deal falls through it will be someone else--and that name was specifically mentioned. The main thing to take from this is that the organization is very actively pursuing a frontline starter from what I've heard.

I will say it's not Clay Buchholz (at least that's not a name I heard).

Oh, and it's not Babe Ruth.

I'm going to be vague because I didn't get the information firsthand, but the source is legit. What I have heard is the Brewers already have a deal in place to acquire a starter and if that deal falls through it will be someone else--and that name was specifically mentioned. The main thing to take from this is that the organization is very actively pursuing a frontline starter from what I've heard.

Oh, and it's not Babe Ruth.

So if it's in place I am assuming they are waiting for the game today to finish before announcing anything?

Oh. and it's not Babe Ruth

Dangit!

Excellent info, Richie, and thanks for sharing... those kinds of specifics are what we go crazy to see. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

EDIT: What I have heard is the Brewers already have a deal in place to acquire a starter and if that deal falls through it will be someone else--and that name was specifically mentioned.

The way I read this is that Jake Peavy is the fall-back option. Am I getting ahead of myself? Because that's just downright exciting.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived