Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Thursday, June 11th

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thursday's Daily Menu --

All times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Link here for the live audio choices - audio will no longer archive.

For this Brevard County series, you can pick up the Cardinals' audio via this link.

Nashville: RHP Josh Butler at home vs. Memphis (Cardinals), 6:35 PM pre-game; 7:00 gametime

Huntsville: LHP David Welch at home vs. Jacksonville (Marlins), 6:45 PM pre-game; 7:00 gametime

Brevard County: TBD (LHP Lucas Luetge or RHP Michael Bowman) at Palm Beach (Cardinals), 6:05 PM gametime

Wisconsin: LHP Daniel Meadows at home vs. Kane County (Athletics), 6:50 PM pre-game, 7:05 gametime

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles: at home vs. the DSL Blue Jays squad (see this thread for some roster background) -- all games are 10:30 local time in the Dominican, and no need to ask about web audio; we usually won't see updated box scores until the overnight...

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Follow Thursday's action as it happens:
Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Tab or New Window". Choose "Recap". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

MiLB.com now has Gameday available for AA as well as AAA this season.

Nashville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_06_11_mrbaaa_nasaaa_1

Huntsville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t559&t=g_box&gid=2009_06_11_jaxaax_hunaax_1

Brevard County:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t503&t=g_box&gid=2009_06_11_breafa_pbcafa_1

Wisconsin:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_06_11_kccafx_wisafx_1&did=t572&sid=t572

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&gid=2009_06_11_dblrok_dobrok_1&cid=3130&t=g_box

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This link will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds are scheduled to play. Normally it is updated a few hours prior to gametime.

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

We're going to include the link to Kraig McNutt's Nashville blog in the same post as the Nashville media notes link going forward.

AAA All-Star voting is here with your MiLB.com online account.

If I'm doing the math right, Brevard's magic number is 1. Win tonight, playoffs!

Win tonight, it's also the last we might see of Wooten and/or Axford in Florida. They've more than earned promotions to AA.

Do you think they will move Braddock up as well? They can still limit his innings as needed in AA but he at least faces better competition... I don't see Rogers moving yet as he still needs to improve on his walks a little to justify the move.

Also does someone get bumped up to AAA from Huntsville or get moved down?

Adams is starting tonight... hmm, decisions, decisions... I'll have to think on this but I may go down there and grab some video of him.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Adams is starting tonight... hmm, decisions, decisions... I'll have to think on this but I may go down there and grab some video of him.

Good stuff. I'm curious to see if he'll still be throwing in the upper 80s.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

From Tyler Stover of the Manatees:

Manatees actually cannot clinch the division tonight. Despite being behind Clearwater, the magic number over Daytona is still at 3, due to them having more games remaining in the first half.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would like to be the first to call him Lucas with the Lid Off (for those of you who are between about 33 - 38).
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I went to the T-Rats game, it's nice to end the day on a win after a dismal Brewer loss.

Observations...

First, the umpiring was HORRIBLE. The plate umpire had an inconsistent zone which was wide off the outside corner and the base ump gifted 2 outs to the T-Rats on plays that weren't even close.

Secondly, the Kane County pitchers who sat behind me, what excellent young men they were, I was impressed. I got my gun readings today from them and a scout sitting behind me.

The SP for KC fell down twice fielding swinging bunts, Trejo would have been out by 3 steps on his IF basehit.

Kemp takes the ball where ever it is pitched, the more I see of him, the more I like his bat.

Lawrie was there sitting on the isle in section 101, and there's nothing visible to let you know he just had surgery, he spent most of his time signing autographs.

Steven Braun got the loudest ovations I've heard since I've been going to games, all because of who his brother is... was kind of weird actually.

The more I see of Juan Sanchez, the more I like this kid, his double was off the top of the wall in the 2nd.

Dennis and Sanchez both run better than I initially gave them credit for.

Delaney and Duran... if they never attempt another steal when I'm at the game I'll be happy.

The KC pitchers called the CS for Kemp, when the kid got to first they told me he would steal on the first pitch, and when he did and got thrown out there were some comedic comments passed both ways.

Trejo again displayed his athleticism... it really is too bad he's not ready to hit at this level. He made a diving play on a bad throw, he was off the bag a good 2 feet and the base ump called the KC batter out in the 6th. The whole stadium groaned at the call it was so obvious. His last strike out reminded me of the "lay off the high ones" scene from A League of Their Own.

Marseco made a nice play in the hole and just barely got the batter, I didn't think his arm was that strong, but he brings it for a little guy. I still haven't seen him get the ball out of the infield though.

Meadows BB in 5th with Desme batting was an unintentional/intentional walk. Hook made a visit to the mound, and they didn't put anything in the zone, and he didn't chase.

Braun's error was on a pretty routine play a couple of steps to his left, somehow he whiffed it and the ball socked him square in the shin, that couldn't have felt good.

I hate to bag on Delaney again but his range isn't good, I do like his walk up music though.

Pitching wise Adams was mostly working between 89-91, the fastest pitch the scout recorded was 92. Forgot to mention it looked early like he wasn't following through, I haven't captured the video yet, but that was my impression watching the ball sail wide on him.

Meadows was working mid to upper 80s.

Ohlmann was exactly the same as last time, upper 80s on the pitches I asked about.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Brett Whiteside replaces Gindl in LF in the 4th. Hope that nothing has happened to Gindl. They only have 2 outfielders on the roster as it is.
We actually have a Florida State League fan who contacts us from time-to-time, who happened to be in Palm Beach for the game last night. Gindl apparently was only suffering from cramps (probably due to five games in three days in 90+ heat), no serious injury to report. He was walking around on the field after the game and appeared to be fine.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Wisconsin 7, Kane County (Athletics) 3

Wisconsin Site Game Summary

Meadows moves to 10-1 as Wisconsin wins

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

GRAND CHUTE, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers rallied from an early 3-0 deficit to defeat the Kane County Cougars 7-3 on Thursday night at Time Warner Cable Field. Rattlers pitcher Daniel Meadows tossed five scoreless innings out of the bullpen to pick up his tenth win of the season. John Delaney and Juan Sanchez both had two RBI for Wisconsin's offense.

Kane County (36-24) scored three times in the top of the first inning against Timber Rattlers starting pitcher Cody Adams. A double and a walk started the inning. Steve Kleen drove in both runners. A double by Grant Desme sent Kleen home for the 3-0 lead.

Wisconsin (29-31) answered right away in the bottom of the first against Cougars starter Shawn Haviland. Sanchez walked and was sacrificed to second. A single by Corey Kemp drove in Sanchez for the first Rattler run. After another walk issued by Haviland, a potential inning ending double play ball was booted to load the bases.

Delaney tied the game with a two-run double down the left field line. Edgar Trejo put the Rattlers in front with an infield single.

Adams was on a limited pitch count and was just shy of it after the first inning. Meadows was scheduled to come on for Adams at some point on Thursday and he entered the game in the second inning. Meadows shut down the Cougars over the next five innings. The 49th round pick of the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2008 draft allowed three hits and struck out four without allowing a run.

Kemp and Brock Kjeldgaard helped extend the Rattlers lead with a two out rally in the seventh. Kemp drew a walk. Then, Kjeldgaard doubled to right-center and Kemp raced all the way home from first for a 5-3 lead.

Sanchez drove in the final two runs of the game with a two-out double in the bottom of the eighth inning.

Liam Ohlmann worked a pair of scoreless innings out of the bullpen and closer Jim Henderson pitched a 1-2-3 ninth to finish off the Cougars for Wisconsin's third straight win.

Game three of the series is set for Friday night. Cody Scarpetta (1-4, 3.98) is the scheduled starting pitcher for the Timber Rattlers. Pedro Figueroa (5-2, 3.99) is set to start for the Cougars. Game time is 7:05 PM.

Wisconsin Box Score

No official word on why Cody Adams is on a pitch count (that's probably as much as Chris can technically say), but it's clear something is up there -- at least he's throwing; what more is there to say after TheCrew07's notes above but thanks!

Wisconsin Game Log

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Brevard County 6, Palm Beach (Cardinals) 3

Cards Drop Game One

MiLB.com (Palm Beach Site)

Jupiter, FL- The Cards lost tonight to the Manatees 6-3. The Cardinals starter Scott Gorgen pitched great for six innings and allowed one run. The Birds relief was not on key however. A combined three-inning effort for the Cards relievers resulted in five runs, four of those runs earned.

The offense was there but in spurts, Palm Beach left nine on base. Tommy Pham had a nice night. Pham went 2-4 with two runs scored. Jose Garcia went 2-2 with two RBI tonight capping off a productive night.

Palm Beach faces Brevard County for game two of the four game series Friday. Game time is set for 7:05 PM (6:05 Central).

Brevard County Box Score

Manatee pitchers did not allow an earned run, as the 'Tees committed four errors -- Brewer (12, throw), Haydel (2, fielding), Wheeler (9, fielding), Wooten (1, throw); LHP Lucas Luetge with seven sweet innings -- that's 12 innings without an earned run in his last two games; some small ball -- three sacrifices (Farris, Maldonado, Wheeler); Steffan Wilson 3-for-5...

Brevard County Game Log

Lee Haydel's 9th inning leadoff single injured the Palm Beach pitcher; Brett Whiteside was productive upon entering the game for Caleb Gindl, including a two-run 9th inning triple on which he also scored on an error...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nashville Pre-Game Audio Coaches Chat with Manager Don Money

Brendan Katin discussion early, and then detailed conversation regarding the starting rotation after that -- the two successful youngsters (Chris Cody and Josh Butler), Lindsay Gulin, what to do with six starters now, including Mike Burns, back from Milwaukee...

Archived