Brewer Fanatic

UW - La Crosse Men's Tennis and Baseball

Jofis11ep

As you have probably heard, the administration at UW - La Crosse decided to cut the men's tennis and baseball teams last week.

Earlier today, the coaches of both of these sports were able to convince the chancellor to reinstate the programs. They must come up with $40,000 (tennis) and $50,000 (baseball) by September 1st. They then must raise another amount of money in order to sustain the programs for years to come.

I am a member of the tennis team at La Crosse and we are looking for ideas for fundraising. I know the people on this forum are very good people. I thought this may be a good venue in order to spread the word about this cause. I was wondering if any of the administrators had any ideas to raise some money and maybe both teams can team up with BrewerFan and maybe even the Milwaukee Brewers in order to raise this money. This is going for a good cause and straight to help support the athletes on both teams.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in donating any amount of money and I can tell you who to send money too. Thank you for all of your help!

Id start by contacting Vinny Rotino (alum) and Damien Miller, not alum but went to Viterbo (in LAX) and lives now in West Salem I believe. Start digging for rich alums. I am an alum, but not rich and besides, I was eventually cut from the baseball team so I harbor ill will (not really, Im really just broke). Good luck.

Id start by contacting Vinny Rotino (alum) and Damien Miller, not alum but went to Viterbo (in LAX) and lives now in West Salem I believe. Start digging for rich alums. I am an alum, but not rich and besides, I was eventually cut from the baseball team so I harbor ill will (not really, Im really just broke). Good luck.
I was thinking the exact same thing. How would you go about getting their contact information and get a hold of them? I don't want to sound like a fan trying to get their autograph...

I was thinking the exact same thing. How would you go about getting their contact information and get a hold of them? I don't want to sound like a fan trying to get their autograph...

If they are an alumni the university should have contact information for them. Since you are trying to get funding for a sport I don't think there would be a problem with you getting contact information of former alumni from the university.

I was thinking more of Damian Miller as to how to get his information. I know he still lives in West Salem and is a Viterbo (not UW-L) graduate... plus he does not have baseball going on as Vinny Rottino does.

Isn't Jake Taylor Damian Miller coaching high school baseball now? Don't know if they're playing in spring or summer leagues, but you might be able to track him down at a game.
I like the Major League reference...I laughed.

I'll look into it and see if I can find anything. If anyone knows his contact information let me know.

Isn't Jake Taylor Damian Miller coaching high school baseball now? Don't know if they're playing in spring or summer leagues, but you might be able to track him down at a game.
West Salem only plays summer baseball, but I don't know if he's coaching for them or not. I do remember him donating a fairly large amount of money to help upgrade the baseball diamond, but it's been a few years since I've really paid attention to the baseball there.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived