Brewer Fanatic

Tim Dillard

Well guys we just drafted Eric Arnett in the 2009 Draft. That means if we are lucky and he is as good as many including myself believe he is, that gives him about 2 years until he is up in Milwaukee. Jeremy Jeffress has the stuff to be incredible but he hasn't thrown strikes and he is a year or year and a half away yet. Odorizzi, Lintz, Scarpetta, Peralta, Rodgers are all at least 2 years away. I believe we will need pitching before that time.

Why not Tim Dillard? The guy has put up solid numbers all the way through his minor league career and they are extremely good this year. Last year when he came up to Milwaukee he showed a hard power sinker that reached 96 MPH which is really good. He has thrown at least 7 innings several times this year and he doesn't walk many guys. I think that Dillard deserves a serious look if manny keeps struggling or if a pitcher goes down with injury. The guy has good stuff and has performed his whole career. I think he deserves a chance and i hope he gets it.

How does everyone else view Dillard as a prospect and how do you think his future looks with the Brewers?

The Brewers have quite a few "arms" that could eat a few innings with a 5.00 ERA in the major leagues. Green, Burns, Wright are all right there with Dillard. Problem is that DiFelice and McClung are both better options.

The next pitcher worth following will probably be Braddock.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I doubt Dillard's K/BB rate is going to stay so low, its quite a difference from his norm. Minor league average of 2.56 and in AAA of 1.68 as SP and 1.96 as RP.

In the past, as an SP, his FB ranged 90-92. As an RP, his FB jumped to 94-95. So I think his future is going to be like Seth McClung: RP and spot starter.

He was my darkhorse candidate to make the bullpen, so I was rather surprised that they put him back as a SP. Perhaps the influx of pitchers at the lower levels will cause a chain reaction up to AAA and kick Dillard back to RP?

battlekow, we don't know that they view him as a starter. What we know is that in spring training he went to them requesting a move to the rotation and they liked the idea. They may like him more as a reliever, but are pleased with him starting to provide short-term depth. Plus, he's always been so efficient (low pitch counts) that he's never really developed secondary pitches.

Archived