Brewer Fanatic

Dog name suggestions

thevaccinator27

The wife and I are getting a springer spaniel. I'm looking for creative name suggestions. Would like some Milwaukee/WI references if possible.

My thoughts so far:

Ueker

Cooper

Hank

Yount/Robin

Vukovich

Mokewski

Brewer (or (Randy) Breuer)

Also, Avon Barksdale. However, I don't think my dog will be bad enough for that name.

I'm having trouble getting the right side of my brain working, so any help is appreciated.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few quick ideas:

Rollie

Ned

Harvey

Uek (short for Ueker obviously)

Lew (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's given name was Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor)

Kaj (from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)

Hosehead (hope I'm not the only one that has seen Strange Brew here)

Edit: Just for clarification, I imagined Kaj as sounding like the Taj from the Taj Mahal, but with a K.

Lew could also pay homage to Lew Burdette of Braves lore. Along those lines, consider Eddie (for Mathews) or Spahn (c'mon Spahnie!).

If you're considering general Milwaukee connections, how about Gille/Gillie? Yes, I am in the mood for custard.

For names that are unmistakably (if not always positively) Brewer related:

Chad

Carne Estrada

DeJean

Ben and/or Sheets

Jenks

G-Whiff

CC

Ginter (free Ginter!)

Russell and/or Branyan

Gabe (either Gross or Kapler)

Brooks and/or Kiesch

Treb (full name Trebelhorn)

Most of my ideas will work better if you are getting a male dog. Good luck and be sure to tell us your selection.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Taint McFadden
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

On a rerun of Family Feud the other day, Richard Dawson took suggestions in a hat for names for his/someones new cat, and first he pulled out "Honky Cat" but he didn't like it, so then he pulled out another and it was "Feud Dude."

Anyway...

Also, we have a cats named Molly and Vincent, so Rollie or Prince would be confusing.
I had a cat Siamese cat with blue eyes named Moli when I was a kid too. My mom and sister had quite the crush on Molitor.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived