Brewer Fanatic

Back to the Futurama.

OglivieHomePerm

One small issue with the article.

Citing the studio's previous success in plucking Family Guy from the ashes,

Pretty sure it was Adult Swim who brought Family Guy back from the dead(coupled with the HUGE ratings they got, along with the DVD sets), not CC.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

One small issue with the article.

Citing the studio's previous success in plucking Family Guy from the ashes,

Pretty sure it was Adult Swim who brought Family Guy back from the dead(coupled with the HUGE ratings they got, along with the DVD sets), not CC.

I believe the reference is to neither Comedy Central nor Adult Swim but to the studio - 20th Television - the studio behind the shows. I could be wrong though.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I am quite pleased by this news. The movies (somehow I had missed that the 4th one was out, I'll have to order it) had maybe lost a little bit of the magic of the series, but not much. Very excited to see this development, I had expected that after the movies, no more would be heard of Futurama. Glad to know that I was wrong.

Futurama in my eyes will always be equal to, if not better, than The Simpsons in it's prime. There are a few episodes in there that will bring tears to your eyes without ever meeting the characters in them (Fry's dog and brother come to mind). I'm pumped, and hope that these new episodes will expand on the actual series rather than the sub par movies.

Fry and Leela's relationship added something that no tv cartoon ever had, or likely ever will. That, and Fry is the most relateable cartoon character ever (atleast for me, as a slacker who isn't too bright, and never gets the girl).

• 1 month later...

Saw this online this morning....

"Today bad news hit the internet when it was learned that some of the core voices from the original series would not be returning to their roles.

A casting notice went out to replace actors DiMaggio, LaMarche, Billy West and Katey Sagal. Entertainment Weekly posted a statement issued by Fox, which confirms that it was in fact, a money thing that prevented them from bringing back Billy West, Katey Segal, John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche and Tress MacNeil:

"We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands. While replacing these talented actors will be difficult, the show must go on. We are confident that we will find terrific new performers to give voice to Matt and David's brilliantly subversive characters."

Wow, that's a little dissapointing. I'm having a hard time picturing myself watching Futurama without hearing those voices. Still, I'm eager to see some new episodes. I was never a huge fan, but Futurama, in my opinion, it is better than most shows on television today. I wonder what the going rate for voice actors is? How time consuming is lending your voice to a cartoon show? I always thought that Isaac Hayes use to provide the voice of Chef over the phone from New York each week.

Saw this online this morning....

"Today bad news hit the internet when it was learned that some of the core voices from the original series would not be returning to their roles.

A casting notice went out to replace actors DiMaggio, LaMarche, Billy West and Katey Sagal. Entertainment Weekly posted a statement issued by Fox, which confirms that it was in fact, a money thing that prevented them from bringing back Billy West, Katey Segal, John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche and Tress MacNeil:

"We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands. While replacing these talented actors will be difficult, the show must go on. We are confident that we will find terrific new performers to give voice to Matt and David's brilliantly subversive characters."

Not cool. The cast without those voice performers will almost literally be 100% turned over. Not cool. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This could easily be a negotiating ploy at this point.
I'm certain that that is the driving force behind this, much the way they "recast" the voice actors on the Simpsons back in 1998. My only concern is that I've heard that the budget for the new seasons for Comedy Central was already significantly less than what it was for FOX (and even what it was for the four "movies" that they made).

ARRGGGHHH!!!

That's terrible. They might as well re-tool the whole show and make it about different characters if they can't get the original actors back. I hope that they work this out. I wonder how far apart they are on money. Maybe they could offer them a cut of the DVD/blu-ray sales or something.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006765.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

The "Futurama" characters won't be sporting new voices after all.

The five "Futurama" cast members -- John DiMaggio, Billy West, Katey Sagal, Maurice LaMarche and Tress MacNeille -- have just sealed pacts with 20th Century Fox TV to return to the show as it reboots with 26 new episodes for Comedy Central.

Both the actors and 20th are believed to have found a compromise. Move comes after 20th put out a casting call earlier this month to find replacement actors for the show.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The five "Futurama" cast members -- John DiMaggio, Billy West, Katey Sagal, Maurice LaMarche and Tress MacNeille -- have just sealed pacts with 20th Century Fox TV to return to the show as it reboots with 26 new episodes for Comedy Central.

Hooray!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Nice! I figured they would probably get it done. What would be the point of bringing a show back while simultaneously alienating all of the show's core fans by replacing all the actors? That would have been shortsighted on the studio's part.

Good news everyone!

That had to just be a little publicity stunt. There's no other reason they would do it, really. They had to know switching voices would piss the fans off, especially Futurama fans for god's sake.

3TO Apostle

Archived