Brewer Fanatic

United Countries of Baseball Map

brewers02
I would LOVE to see one of these for the NFL.
I gave it a shot using my sweet Microsoft Paint skills.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3497/nflusa2.png

(edit: covered up white space on right side of image --1992)

I know for NFL the UP is heavily Packer fans. A lot of the people up there don't even think of themselves as part of Michigan.

You know Ive never understood why the UP is part of Michigan in the first place, seems to make more sense if it was a Wisconsin territory since it is fully connected to Wisconsin and not seperated by a lake like it is to Michigan. It just seems odd.

When Michigan wanted to join the union they were a bit light in the needed population. So, they carved up a bit of turf that was closest but yet un-organized. Thus, the UP was born.

My geek history teacher stuff coming out.

Part of the problem was that Michigan really wanted Toledo. When it was established that Toledo would be part of Ohio, Michigan was given the UP as a compromise. Had that not happened, the UP would have likely ended up being part of Wisconsin.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Ancient stories say they gave MI the UP but told them that they would have to take the lions for their NFL team for payment.

I grew up in Western WI and now live in MN and it is a big split between Twins and Brewers fans. They have done a better job of getting Brewers games on TV up in the Northwest now but so many of those people grew up watching the twins. I think with the way the Brewers have been playing there are more fans coming out of that area but it's nothing like southern WI. I'm amazed how many Brewers shirts and hats I see when I'm down there. I love it! Now we need to get Bucks games up there!

. I'm amazed how many Brewers shirts and hats I see when I'm down there. I love it! Now we need to get Bucks games up there!

These days I think you could relocate the Bucks to La Crosse, Eau Claire, or someplace like that and no one in the Milwaukee area would notice.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

. I'm amazed how many Brewers shirts and hats I see when I'm down there. I love it! Now we need to get Bucks games up there!

These days I think you could relocate the Bucks to La Crosse, Eau Claire, or someplace like that and no one in the Milwaukee area would notice.

Ew, we don't want them.

Archived