Brewer Fanatic

Jimmy Fallon wants "SBTB" reunion?

jaybird2001wi
Lark Voorhees, who played Lisa Turtle, was engaged to Martin Lawrence and had a drug problem after SBTB and the soap she was on. What's that old Dennis Miller saying, "No one ever finds Jesus on prom night?"...she likely found her cult after hitting rock bottom. Too bad, as she was as gorgeous as they get.

Yeah, I don't get why he would be shamed of having been a lovable TV character.

I remember a late-night talk show appearance that Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink from Hogan's Heroes) did before he passed away a while back where he was asked something about whether he disliked being referred to as Klink by people on the street and such, and his response was something to the effect of 'I owe much of my success in my career to that character and role, so I would be doing an incredible disservice to myself and my fans if I didn't embrace it.' Now, I can certainly understand being a bit frustrated if you're an actor struggling to break the stereotypical roles/typecasting that a role brings about, but to be angry about it seems shallow as heck.

I wonder if growing up on TV and going through puberty on TV affected him. There's something about the way his character stayed in that high pitch voice like he still hadn't hit puberty long after it was obvious Dustin Diamond had. At the moment I can't figure out the signifigance of it but I keep thinking of Bob Saget and how he was Full House's and America's Funniest Home Videos wholesome Dad type. Now the guy has gone on to tell some of the most profane jokes as a stand up comedian. Like these people are playing super wholesome clean cut characters and when they are finally done playing the character they freak out and go extreme the other way in some form. Bob Saget with his profane humor, Dustin Diamond with being a jerk and doing that adult movie years back.

Bob Saget always was profane and dirty and was just playing the wholesome Dad character on TV. I could see how it could impact Dustin Diamond though and how he would want to be as different as possible from Screech.

No matter what it was like to grow up playing that character and how that may have affected him, it just comes down to what type of person he is to begin with and how he chooses to deal with his life now.

I don't think I've ever seen Jaleel White in the news these days, and a quick search of the internet doesn't reveal any websites dedicated to what a bad person he is. Jaleel White for those that don't know, played Urkel, which was ultimately just as demeaning of a role, and possibly more culturally popular.

Archived