Brewer Fanatic

Jimmy Fallon wants "SBTB" reunion?

jaybird2001wi

This is in no relation to to the Jimmy Fallon thread, but he wants a Saved By the Bell reunion show? Its all over the wire and somehow Mark-Paul Gosselaar appeared on his show as a grown-up Zack Morris the other night. The only holdovers so far are Kelly Kapowski and Screech.
All I know is I am wondering what Lisa Turtle looks like these days. She vanished off the face of the Earth after that show. And to see Mr. Belding for the first time since the "New Class" flamed out will be interesting.
After all these years I always wondered how its possible that Jesse Spano and Zack Morris knew each other since kindergarten but Jesse was not on the initial show, "Good Morning Miss Bliss." And how was it that Mr. Belding followed Zack, Screech and Lisa to Southern California when they were in the same Indiana school? And what happened to Mikey and that one girl that protested in the episode involving frog disection?
I wonder if Miss Bliss has accepted an invite and Tori? Will Jesse's jerk of a stepbrother be in this show? In elementary school, this show was always the first show I watched when it was on TBS.
If Jimmy Fallon plans on making this show about grown-up versions of the characters, I have the following questions:
1) Would Zack and Kelly still be married?
2) Will AC Slater be a gym teacher?
3) Did Screech become some sort of computer geek guy?
4) Is Mr. Belding still a Principal or is he on the golf course finding golf balls? And does he still say "Hey, hey, hey! What is going on here!?"
5) What would they make Jesse Spano?
6) Will they continually make fun of Zack's phone?
7) Does Screech still like Lisa?
8) Will they show Bayside High as it is today?
9) Will AC Slater finally say how he managed to letter in five sports? (Football, Basketball, Track, Wrestling and Soccer)
10) Would Zack still play pranks?

All I know is I am wondering what Lisa Turtle looks like these days. She vanished off the face of the Earth after that show.

she was on a couple soap operas after SBTB. not sure what since then.

the video is definitely worth a watch. getting screech to the reunion may be difficult. his rider is on smoking gun and he is really weird about screech...though he had no problem using the connection when he was broke and about to foreclose on his house a couple years back.

Wow! I hope this happens. I would have thought that Mark-Paul Gosselaar would be the hardest one to convince followed by Mario Lopez. Seriously Dustin Diamond is one of the two holding this up? When they say reunion show what do you think they mean? A one time hour long show or a full blown series? I'd TiVo that. Awesome, awesome clip.

Wow! I hope this happens. I would have thought that Mark-Paul Gosselaar would be the hardest one to convince followed by Mario Lopez. Seriously Dustin Diamond is one of the two holding this up? When they say reunion show what do you think they mean? A one time hour long show or a full blown series? I'd TiVo that. Awesome, awesome clip.
It's not an actual Saved by the Bell show, it's just the whole cast together on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Ever since the whole Saved by the Bell empire ended (after the dreaded "New Class" series), Screech has gotten more and more bizarre. He appeared on Celebrity Fight Club or something like that where he fought Danny Bonaduce and then he became a total jerk and managed to alienate everyone including Marcia Brady on "Celebrity Fit Club." It actually does not surprise me that Dustin Diamond is the way he is. The guy spent his whole childhood acting career being typecasted as a geek. At least Zack, Jesse and Kelly were able to stretch their acting abilities a bit but Dustin Diamond has always been known as Screech.

But the guy is totally weird about everything now.

I believe Screech also did a series of instructional chess videos. Doesn't he live in the Milwaukee area now?

He was living in the Milwaukee area, not sure if he still is. He was supposedly going to get foreclosed on and got a lot of fan money by selling shirts, which I guess turned out to be a lie.

He also released an adult recording of himself that has is believed by many to be fake, with hired women.

Well wikipedia says this about him:

On March 18, 2009, We Energies sued Diamond in Ozaukee County Circuit Court for non-payment of over $2,000 in gas and electric bills

On November 26, 2008, the Ford Motor Credit Company filed suit against Diamond for non-payment of a vehicle loan in Ozaukee County Circuit Court, on January 16, 2009 the court entered a judgment of replevin against Diamond. Judgment was entered for possession or recovery of possession of collateral and attorneys fees and costs. ($544) Collateral subject described as follows: 2005 Ford Expedition. As of March 23, 2009, the judgment has yet to be satisfied.

On March 23, 2009, the State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue filed a delinquent income tax warrant in Ozaukee County Circuit Court against Diamond, he currently owes the State nearly $14,000 in back taxes, penalties and interest.

I met Screech a few years ago, and he was the biggest jerk I have ever met in my entire life. I'd get banned from this site if I posted what he said. He didn't like it when I called him Screech, but honestly I was so surprised to see him that I just shouted out "Screech!" I didn't know his real name at the time or that he hated being called Screech so much, but he wasn't very happy about it either way.

He came into Chuck E. Cheese on Hwy 100 and Oklahoma in either 1999 or 2000, either my junior or senior year in high school. None of the kids recognized him or cared. The teen-agers that tried to talk to him he blew off. Not sure if he still lives around there.

I met Dustin Diamond at Victor's about 7 years back. Everyone was saying "Screech" this and that. I knew he was trying to pursue a music career, and a little bit about his band. So people were asking about Saved By The Bell, and I just said "That's old news, he's playing bass with Salty the Pocket Knife now."

At that point, he grew a grin ear to ear and made some room for me and him to talk about music. He met his wife in Milwaukee while his band was recording (his wife's mom is a teacher in Germantown). I actually had a pleasant experience with him and talked to him for 10-15 minutes. Through the entire conversation he was polite, but when people asked him about Saved By the Bell he blew them off. I even tried to book his band a show, which he agreed to, except the garauntee was something like $1000 and I didn't wanna front that kind of cash. Also, his band was terrible (they've since broke up), but I think they are on myspace.

I also saw him do a public speaking once when my friends sister when to Kennedy Middle School. I thought he did a good job and was a good sport about that too. Granted he was mostly talking to parents and middle schoolers. I have heard other stories where he was a jerk though.

There's a later part to that story at Victor's that I wasn't there for, but I had told it before and gotten it deleted by moderators, so I won't repeat it. If you really wanna know, inbox me.

Let's face it. Nobody would have a clue who this guy was, or care, if he hadn't been 'Screech'. If he wants to pursue a performing career, he shouldn't take umbrage to the fact that's what he's known for, he should embrace it. He's obviously using his "infamy" to get his foot in the door in both comedy and/or music.

By the way, I've also heard that he is a first class tool. I'd be interested in hearing more from the guy who's brother in law hauled away his junk.

Ironically enough, I actually played blackjack with Lisa Turtle's cousin in Las Vegas last year. Not sure how the whole topic came up, but apparently she became a born again christian, and is heavily involved in some religious "organization".

Archived