Brewer Fanatic

Good place to buy used Macs?

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

As I get more and more into web design and film I'm finding the need for a Mac to be greater and greater. I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a good, reliable place to buy a used Mac? eBay is the obvious answer but I'm wodnering if there's anything else? Same goes for the Adobe Suite. I know I can get it for like $550 at journeyed.com but I'm wondering if there are other places out there too. Anyone bought used software before? I'd like to get Final Cut Pro as well.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'd try Small Dog Electronics...I haven't bought a used mac from them, but I've bought other stuff and have nothing but good experiences...indie outfit in Vermont, the kind of guys that I personally like to support and recommend. From what I've seen the used inventory will ebb and flow:

http://www.smalldog.com/

I've heard of people getting good deals on refurbs from Apple, particularly as new models are introduced. (Probably will be good deals on laptops now, for example, with MB/MBP updates announced yesterday.)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thanks, SoCal - that's just the kind of thing I'm looking for. Not that it's a guarantee but I feel slightly more protected buying from a "shop' as opposed to some dude on Craigslist.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived