SI: Brewers draft ranked #1 over the past 10 years

owbc
Community Moderator

LINK

Steal: Manny Parra

Bust: Mike Jones

Unsigned: Hunter Pence

Traded/Cut: Dana Eveland

Current Key Players: Prince Fielder, Corey Hart, J.J. Hardy, Manny Parra, Rickie Weeks, Ryan Braun, Yovani Gallardo

Lowdown: The prime example of a good team built through the draft. Seven of Milwaukee's current top 10 in RBIs are homegrown, as is the ace of the rotation.

They haven't looked at Parra's stats this season have they http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

The Reds didn't draft Bruce?

Nice to see 3 of the NL Central teams in the bottom 6 of that list, heh.

I wouldn't consider Manny a steal being a draft and follow and getting 1st round money. I don't know how many of those steals listed were simliar. Corey Hart was more of a steal in the 11th round I believe. It's easier to have good drafts when you're consistently drafting at the top but then look at the Pirates.

Manny was drafted in the 26th round. Who said 42nd?

Nevermind, I just checked out the link. Maybe he was drafted coming out of HS, prior to his time at community college, but Parra was drafted in the 26th round by the Brewers.

Archived