Brewer Fanatic

General Draft Discussion

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yuck

Fat, unproductive LFs don't interest me. He will be signed though, I'm sure the Brewers did their homework.

Thanks for all the kind words about the Arnett selection. Obviously, I'm esctatic with his selection.

"Fat"? You aren't referring to Kentrail Davis, are you? The picture in this article seems to defy that adjective:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3286474

They describe him in the article as being pretty ripped.

Are people excited about Davis if there were no signability concerns?
He was very good as a freshman, then he was the best hitter for Team USA over the summer, then had a dud of a sophmore year.

Here comes Heckathorn or Kraus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Davis was hurt this year -

" A torn hamstring and a torn ligament in his left thumb have set back his development this season. Despite the injuries, he has gamely stayed in the lineup to help spark the Volunteers' 7-4 start.

"I've been trying to battle through it all season long," Davis said. "My hand started bothering me, and then my hamstring. I've just been trying to gut it out and stay in the lineup."

Are people excited about Davis if there were no signability concerns?
He was very good as a freshman, then he was the best hitter for Team USA over the summer, then had a dud of a sophmore year.

Here comes Heckathorn or Kraus.

I tip my hat to you! Two pick two of three picks in the MLB draft is impressive. I really like the look of Keckathorn

Wow, this is getting easy for me, I had Heckethorn here in my 6 picks thread.

Heckethorn touches 99 as a starter, has big K totals, with few walks. He also induces alot of groundballs with his 2-seamer, though I think he throws it way too much.

With Heckathorns 4-seamer, he should just throw that and his breaking ball, like Ben Sheets. He also has a good change-up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Davis was hurt this year -

" A torn hamstring and a torn ligament in his left thumb have set back his development this season. Despite the injuries, he has gamely stayed in the lineup to help spark the Volunteers' 7-4 start.

"I've been trying to battle through it all season long," Davis said. "My hand started bothering me, and then my hamstring. I've just been trying to gut it out and stay in the lineup."

Thanks for making me feel better about him. I reacting badly initally to the LaPorta pick too, but 15 minutes later, after it sunk in, I gave it rave reviews. The Brewers are awesome at drafting, I should just trust them.

Wow, this is getting easy for me, I had Heckethorn here in my 6 picks thread.

Heckethorn touches 99 as a starter, has big K totals, with few walks. He also induces alot of groundballs with his 2-seamer, though I think he throws it way too much.

With Heckathorns 4-seamer, he should just throw that and his breaking ball, like Ben Sheets. He also has a good change-up.

Sounds like he should have been a top 10 pick by that overview. Why did he drop out the first round?

I love all the college guys. Really good prospects so far.

Gotta give some credit to the Haudricourt article:

Some solid college pitchers could tempt the Brewers, including Indiana right-hander Eric Arnett, Kennesaw State righty Kyle Heckathorn...

Not surprised to see three college guys at all, especially pitchers. Odorizzi/Lintz/Frederickson/Jeffress/Anundsen/Braddock/Scarpetta/Peralta/etc. are all in A-ball or lower right now, and Periard and Seidel are on the DL and Rogers is coming off a major surgery - they don't have anything better than a #4/5 starter coming up in at least the next two years, so two college guys who can move through the system quickly could be a dire need.

If Davis has 30-30 potential and can play CF that's a pretty good pick.

So far I'm really happy.

It would be fantastic if MLB could get their crap together and get the draft tracker to work. I had no idea the Brewers had even selected until you guys posted since I had the sound down and was watching the Brewer game.

I'm pretty excited for his pontential if he signs. Not a bad pick, but I hope they know they can sign him. The guy is a very muscular compact guy. Not quit Salome ha (not many are) but looks pretty built. The way it looks and sounds is that he is a faster Caleb Gindl. Same body type and size, with powerful bats and can play anywhere in the outfield. Thats the way I see him at least.

Heckathorn's arm action is panned by everyone. Big injury risk.
This is pretty much it. The Brewers aren't afraid to adjust mechanics, I'm sure they'll work with him on getting better extension instead of short arming the ball.

While Heckathorn pitched well, he should have absolutly dominated given his stuff, so that drove him down too. He's a risk, but one comfortable with at this point.

Not worth much since I don't study the players prior to the draft calls. But I've got a good feeling so far.... big arm college pitchers and a very talented cf coming off a injury-riddled down year.

X- do you know if we really like Will Myers or do you just think there's interest because he's like Lawrie. I'd love to get him next.
Myers told teams today that he wants a huge bonus, one that is exorbitant for his talent, and I like him alot. He'll likely end up in college.

Archived