Brewer Fanatic

General Draft Discussion

If Scheppers is still there at the comp pick, I say go for the daily double. The kids picked last year (Odorizzi/Lintz/Frederickson) will take a while to develop, Adams doesn't look like he's on the fast track either, so why not go for two guys who could move through the system quickly? Jeffress has regressed somewhat, so other than a couple of #4/5 type starters there aren't any quality starting pitchers knocking on the door the next two years (Jeffress and Anundsen are 2011, more likely 2012).

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Scheppers is still there at the comp pick, I say go for the daily double. The kids picked last year (Odorizzi/Lintz/Frederickson) will take a while to develop, Adams doesn't look like he's on the fast track either, so why not go for two guys who could move through the system quickly? Jeffress has regressed somewhat, so other than a couple of #4/5 type starters there aren't any quality starting pitchers knocking on the door the next two years (Jeffress and Anundsen are 2011, more likely 2012).

I would have zero problem with Scheppers. He could move very quickly.

yuck

Fat, unproductive LFs don't interest me. He will be signed though, I'm sure the Brewers did their homework.

Thanks for all the kind words about the Arnett selection. Obviously, I'm esctatic with his selection.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Is there a single pick so far tonight that has not been a great pick according to the MLB Network guys? I am only being partially sarcastic because I missed part of the draft. Has there been a pick they have not liked?
Yes, our pick at #39. I think that was the first one I heard that wasn't praised.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I wonder if between drafting LaPorta & extending Prince, the Brewers feel like they can work with Boras

Are people excited about Davis if there were no signability concerns?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

We would still get a pick if Davis went unsigned, you only don't get a pick the next time around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived