Brewer Fanatic

General Draft Discussion

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I came to this thread to see what you guys thought the Brewers might pick, and you guys nailed it. Nicely done. Needless to say, I like the pick. Obviously they were looking for pitching here and they got it. (I could land a job on MLB Network for that expert analysis)

I'm excited for everybody who was hoping for Arnett. I'm pretty pleased with the pick too, he seems like he could be pretty good. They compared him on MLB Network to Josh Johnson, which would obviously be great.

It is days like today and forums such as these that I am addicted to Brewerfan.net! Wow is right! X and the rest of the posters here are amazing!!!! Thanks for all the insight! I am excited about Arnett!!

Guys, I got no feedback from a previous page but am wondering if anyone likes Poythress as a possible Prince replacement with our next pick.

I don't know nearly as much as some, but I was praying for Arnett, and am now praying for Davidson or Tim Wheeler (with a preference for Wheeler).

Here's hopin'.

I actually think they'll take Davidson if available.

They like to take the guy who's the best at something, and Davidson's power potential is off the charts.

It's the reasoning that they used with LaPorta, and I believe they'll do it again.

Other than that, I have no idea, but I'd like to see at least 2 more pitchers by pick #75. Kyle Heckathorn would be pretty cool with me in that category, although I'd be afraid he'd end up a reliever.

Is there a single pick so far tonight that has not been a great pick according to the MLB Network guys? I am only being partially sarcastic because I missed part of the draft. Has there been a pick they have not liked?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

MLB Scouting report: It's not a great Draft class for college bats, particularly in the outfield, so one with the athleticism Jackson has is bound to be noticed. He runs well on both sides of the ball, has a decent approach at the plate and plays a good center field right now. Some may see him as a tweener who isn't a leadoff hitter or a No. 3 type. If he gets bigger he will have to move to a corner, where how much power he actually has becomes a bigger question. He's got more value if he can stay in center, and the team that takes him may be hoping he can stay put.

Sounds like Corey Patterson to me... :D

Archived