Brewer Fanatic

General Draft Discussion

This draft has fallen almost perfectly for the Brewers. Lots of tough sign guys off the board. Now we just need Cleveland to take Scheppers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool, Cleveland cooperates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

X, why shouldnt we hope Scheppers falls to us?
His shoulder was examined by Lewis Yocum, LAA's team doctor. They have the 2 picks in front of us. If they don't pick him, to me that says he wasn't as comfortable with what he saw as he's saying.

Don't be naive, none of the guys at 4 are automatic all-stars if your the pirates you take the guy who will sign and has the ability to be a solid MLB catcher not great but decent. He was worth a first round maybe not to me a top 5 but I'm not the one who has watched every game and him on film and at showcase same as I didn't when I was disappointed wit the laporta pick. Turned out to be a good ass pick. Really no one knows what's coin to happin including any of us or even you battlekow

Ya they keep saying the same things about the kids, but they don't have the right people to do analysis of the picks. This will improve... I'd like to compare it to the original NFL draft coverage on ESPN, but I've been following that draft for so long I don't even remember the first year.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Why is everyone so high on Arnett? I dont know much about him so any opinions would be much appreciated.
See Patrick's and I's comments in the "Who's your pick" thread.

two things I giggle about every time I hear it:

1) the "crowd" of "fans" that MLB is probably paying to sit there and clap in-between picks. Most of them are scouts, team employees, and the like.

2) everytime Jon Hart mentions that a player has a "good body." Kinda creepy as well as goofy.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Alright so is there reason for me to start getting excited that Arnett is still there? I really only know what I read here, but people seem to love him. Do we expect the Brewers to take him if he's there?

I like what Matzek said . . . .

"Oregon's gonna let me play first, we'll see what Colorado does . . ."

Classy. Gotta love those Boras kids.

Please note that MLB Net hasn't mentioned Boras once.

Major League Baseball ought to consider a convention of sorts like the NFL does to prepare these kids for the interview. Just brutal so far. At what point do they start teaching them how to answer questions with a cliche? Between Wheeler and Matzek I've cringed a few times.

Archived