Brewer Fanatic

General Draft Discussion

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long do they have between picks in the draft? I am going try and catch the first round but I have a meeting tonight. I know very little about the players in the draft so I just rely on the knowledge of the people on this board. Keep up the great insight guys.

In a way, I'm a little disappointed about the draft being done in prime-time. For one reason, I'm going to miss the first hour and a half while I'm coaching my son's T-ball team. For another, it really broke up the work day to track this thing on-line. Guess I'll just have to remain productive today.

Apparently Keith Law has both Aaron Crow and Tanner Scheppers falling out of the first round due to salary concerns. Would anyone here roll the dice on picking them and taking their chances with trying to sign them? You'd think those guys would hate to play another year of independent ball, so that could give a team like the Brewers leverage...would they be draft eligible again next year if they decide not to sign (again)?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

If the Brewers can somehow get a top ten talent at 26 they need to take the chance. Crow or Scheppers would both be excellent choices. Scheppers had shoulder issues last year but I read that he was throwing in the high nineties a few days ago. Sounds like a great possible pick to me.

Verified Member
So there are 4 minutes allotted per draft pick, 25 picks before Brewers first round choice- that's 100 minutes. Am I correct in assuming that the Brewers first pick will not be announced until 6:30-6:45 Central?

So they move the draft to "primetime" and then start it during the dinner hour? That is pretty lame. They should move it to a Saturday/Sunday and start it at 3:00 on Saturday if they want to televise the darn thing. Which, by the way, since I have seen none of thse guys play a game I cared about isnt going to make for compelling television even though I am a huge baseball nut.

Pittsburgh looking to stay in the bottom of the Central for years to come. I suppose they need someone to catch all those bust pitcher picks they have made the last 10 years. In cornfield outside of Pittsburgh this guy will be playing with the rest of the Pirate Draft Pick ghosts.

I don't even know what I would change about the draft but is it just me or is this totally awkward? I think I enjoyed following it on the internet and listening to the names read off by the teams a little bit more. We're only a few picks in though.

Donavan Tate goes #3 to SD. I did not see him in the first round on PGcrosschecker's updated mock, though I may have looked too quickly.
I think they said they thought he out-priced himself. He has a football scholarship but apparently that did not scare the Padres.

I agree with the couple of posters above about sanchez being a huge reach. He can't hit a breaking ball. guess what Pittsburg, big league pitchers can throw their breaking balls for strikes.

I predicted 2 catchers would be off the board before Milwaukee selects, thats looking safe right now. No catchers in this draft belong in the top 25.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived