Brewer Fanatic

The Old Republic

pitchleague

I spent so much money on Star Wars over the years, what's another $60? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Though I've been saying that since 2000... guess I'm a nerd.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Probably going to be a cool game. It is a MMORPG which probably means a monthly fee, which means a big no for me.

Why? Think about this if you go out to the movies once a month how much do you pay for everything? Lets say it is a dinner and a movie. You pay about $30 for dinner (being very conservative here on that price) then you go to the movies and since it is a matinee (did I spell that right) it will cost about $9 a ticket. Lets say you are paying for this two tickets at $18 plus popcorn which is about $5 plus two sodas at $10. So far you have paid $63 for about five hours of entertainment.

Now lets say that MMORPG you have been paying $15 a month for you play once a week for 4 hours. That is 16 hours a month for $15 while going to the movies and dinner costs you about $60 for about 5 hours of entertainment. 60/5 = $12 per hour of fun 15/16 = $0.94 per hour of fun. MMORPG's are cheaper than dinner and a movie. I just don't know why people are against paying a subscription to play a game that is always improving and changing. You get a different experience almost all the time. It is cheaper than renting a couple of movies a month with more entertainment hours per dollar.

I pay 50 cents a day for World of Warcraft ($15/mo), money very well spent considering how addicted to the game I am and how much time I spend on it. I see no problem at all with game subscription fees, especially since as noted above they are constantly updated and new content is added on a regular basis.

My problem has always been "how much of the new content am I even seeing if everything is always changing in this ever-changing universe known as XXXX MMORPG?"

No problem with the fees. It's the cheating (although you see that more in shooters than MMORPGs) and, during the school year, the lack of time that keeps me from playing multiplayer games.

Still, I loved the first KOTOR and have to play KOTOR II (soon, I hope!). So I could see me playing this one. Of course, it might be another Star Wars Galaxies, which I was super excited about but only played a demo of (and then read reviews and such and was turned off).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

My problem has always been "how much of the new content am I even seeing if everything is always changing in this ever-changing universe known as XXXX MMORPG?"
Sounds to me like a good problem to have. Would you rather do the same stuff over and over because there wasn't anything new to do?

Back on topic, I will definitely give this new game a look, trailer looks amazing.

I guess if it is the only game you are going to play, paying a monthly fee to play is ok. If they are going to give me 4 free months if I buy the game, I would probably buy it. I just don't like having to buy a game then pay more just to play it. I played WoW for a while, but it seemed like I spent a lot of time to get very little accomplished.

MMORPG's are cheaper than dinner and a movie

Are you saying I should buy the game instead of taking my wife out to eat? You are not going to convince me that having to pay per month is a good deal. If I want a new game experience, I will buy or rent a new game.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Everyone is just going to be a bounty hunter or sith anyways... Who the heck wants to be a normal Jedi? Especially after that trailer.

The trailer for this game is everything the new movies should have been. I acutally yelled "Holy ****!" when all those red lightsabers lit up.

This looks better than some of the movies!

*Collapses on floor, passes out *

Who the heck wants to be a normal Jedi?

*Sheepishly raises hand*

I acutally yelled "Holy ****!" when all those red lightsabers lit up.

I collapsed on the floor & passed out.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

As of right now it looks to be PC only. I will say that I haven't read much about it so they might be working on bringing it to consoles at some point.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I hope it's not just on PC...if it comes out on PS3 I'd get it right away.

Since the game is being developed by BioWare (KOTOR, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 1&2), it would be far more likely to come out for 360 than PS3.

That said, there are very few console-based MMORPG's out there (FF11 is the only one I can think of, unless some PSO servers are still up; FF14 and DC Universe online should be out in the next 12-18 months as well), so the odds are against this coming out on a console.

Sorry, stupid Burger King commercial playing on Klingons... the Kingons beam down to some guy's pad to steal his BK commemerative Star Trek drinking glasses, and also take his gf.

Ohhhh....

I like the Angry Whopper. I wish I could have one particle transported to me right now.

Yeah the Kingons (or gainfully employed, non-SW geek) probably have you on their radar.

It's ok though, I'm sure you will meet some equally hot and cool chick playing online battling games. It's a total lock, roll the bones dude.

I actually have never played any RPGs. This one looks pretty cool.

Yeah the Kingons (or gainfully employed, non-SW geek) probably have you on their radar.

Touche...

Invader3K wrote: Since the game is being developed by BioWare (KOTOR, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 1&2), it would be far more likely to come out for 360 than PS3.

That said, there are very few console-based MMORPG's out there (FF11 is the only one I can think of, unless some PSO servers are still up; FF14 and DC Universe online should be out in the next 12-18 months as well), so the odds are against this coming out on a console.

That makes sense. I'm not opposed to PC MMOs, but my current desktop is getting a bit long in the tooth, so I'm not sure how well it would run a new game like this.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I actually have never played any RPGs. This one looks pretty cool.

Dude, you would LOVE the Knights of the Old Republic series.

You own a PC? I'll give you my copy.

I'm never playing a MMO 'tho. You need friends for that.

And I would like to add at this juncture again . . .the new Clone Wars doesn't suck. Who knew?

Archived