Brewer Fanatic

Braun's Remetee Clothing Line

I think these shirts are part of some sort of bet Ryan has with his brother Mortimer. Like, "You come up with the UGLIEST t-shirt you possibly can, and I bet if I put it on, I can sell them for a hundred bucks a pop."

(Yes, the bet is for a dollar.)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny that this is the only place I've ever heard of Affliction. Of course, I buy my t-shirts at Kohls where they have basic looking shirts with those handy pockets (of course, unless I'm carrying money to tip someone, I have no need for the pocket) for $5

Those shirts are just not very sweet. That whole style is 80's white trash metal shirts re-hashed and packaged as upscale fashion.

If you're into that kinda thing I've got a bunch of old Zubaz, a neon Columbia Bugaboo, teal Rollerblades, and a Megadeth T-shirt with worn out armpits to sell for $59.99 each.

What am I missing, how is this questionable behavior?

Yeah I don't get it either. It's getting to the point where anything Braun does is criticized and bemoaned for being unclassy or questionable. I have never seen such a good player questioned so much by his hometown fans, especially one who has had no obvious triggers like contract disputes or law breaking.

Dude, I was just trying to have some fun! In no way do I think Braun's awful fashion sense actually says anything about him as a person. I just wanted to snark and wrote "questionable behavior" to point out that I do not approve the look. People who dress like that make my soul cry, BUT that does not mean I don't like him as a player or even a person. If something so minor off the field keeps me from rooting for a player on my team, then I need to take a break from baseball.

I don't think anyone is accusing Braun of anything here except bad fashion. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have never seen such a good player questioned so much by his hometown fans, especially one who has had no obvious triggers like contract disputes or law breaking.

So if it's a guy who is not good at baseball, it's understandable if people question is character? I know that really is how it works but aren't we supposed to pretend that's not true?

So if it's a guy who is not good at baseball, it's understandable if people question is character? I know that really is how it works but aren't we supposed to pretend that's not true?

What in Braun's character is questionable?

I'm probably somewhat the target for these shirts, but I couldn't believe the price. I did a quick google search and it looks like they go from $75 or so up (at least from the site I went to). For a t-shirt? No thanks.

I'm not a fashion person at all. I don't see a huge deal with this at all. If people like it, so be it and best of luck to Braun. I actually thinks this speaks to his character...he's getting fellow MLB players to support in the picks to start the thread and in a few posts above he's hit up the celebrity market. If this thing goes well and shows Braun he can 'market' more than his baseball skills from Milwaukee, that's fine by me. Best of luck to him. I do think it's cool he's starting his own business.

I do actually think Brewer fans should support this venture 100% (not by buying the clothes). The knocks on small markets in most sports is that the non-sport contract money is bigger in bigger markets.

Man, some of you guys come off as such stiffs sometimes... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The fact that some have admitted to owning/wearing Zubaz (before my time) should prove that many have worn outlandish gear in the past. This is the style now. Btw, these shirts are way nicer than anything you will find at Gap, A & E, A & F, B. Rep., Hollister or whatever other mall chain. Shirts like those are ridiculously soft and stay that way for super long. In Mpls., we have a joint called Len Druskin that sells high end gear like this and I love it. (You can get last seasons stuff at the southdale outlet for like 75% off too!) Anyways, my whole family has switched over to these super soft tees because they really are that much better. $100 is a bit much, but I have spent a good $75-80 on a long sleeve tee. Worth it!

Sorry, just had to defend Braunie a little bit...fire away! Edit: Soft people, trust me. Don't knock it till you try it.

I just went to the Remetee site, and I'm not a big fan of the t-shirts. But I think the board shorts they have on there are pretty cool. In my opinion, those designs look better on shorts. But $80 for a pair of board shorts is a bit pricey!!

Nottso doesn't post nearly enough around here. That had me doubled over.

It's why TGJ got traded! He's a huge jerk!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I don't think anyone is accusing Braun of anything here except bad fashion. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have never seen such a good player questioned so much by his hometown fans, especially one who has had no obvious triggers like contract disputes or law breaking.

No I was commenting the continued griping on this board about Braun's actions or character or what have you which is pretty odd considering he is possibly the best player the Brewers have had in the last 15 years or more and really hasn't done anythiing outrageous that ususally gets a target on ones back. If he watches a home run for a split second, or makes any sort of facial expression besides stoic, if he talks to the media about the team struggles, etc. a certain segment starts compalining about his attitude or being classless or some such nonsense.

Now, he launches a clothing line and a post appears calling his behavior questionable because of it. It may have been tongue in cheek but it didn't come across that way and now post after post rips the fashion. I get it isn't everyone's fashion style especially not in WI where lets face it, we aren't on the cutting edge of anything trendy, let alone the demographic for the target market but geez no reason to continue dogpiling on the face of the franchise. I am sure most players on the Brewers or MLB for that matter, no matter how humble they may seem, (or even anyone under the age of 25) would be caught dead wearing what most of us wear out in public. It just comes across as a bunch of stodgy old people complaining about the clothes or hair of the younger generation and yet another reason for some to rip on Braun which I don't understand why there is so much nitpicking of everything he does.

Someone actually posted they would probably punch someone in the face if they saw them wearing one of those shirts, I mean come on. If you ever go out in a city or college atmosphere these types of shirts are fairly common and T shirts over $50 are not that rare so that tells me a lot people need to get out more if they think Braun's line is so outrageous.

MJLiverock, your last post makes me question whether I should have even started this thread. I really like Braun as a player, and I can understand how constant criticism (valid or not) can be frustrating, but I was just trying to have some fun. I'm also a big Yankees fan, but should I not make fun of Jeter's corny cologne commercials (holy alliteration!) because he's captain and receives a huge amount of criticism about his defense? I'm sorry it didn't come across that way in my first post, but I was not criticizing his baseball abilities or his personality, and I do support any player ventures. All I wanted to do was share this information (Braun has his own line) and just laugh about it. If anyone should be offended, it's the people who actually like the look. Brewers are tied for 1st, and sure as baseball geeks we'd always like to make tweaks, but times are good and I guess I'm just taken aback by the defensiveness. Now, let's just have fun. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I went to Remetee's website, and I've gotta say, I found some of the shirts pretty cool. I've always been given to louder patterns though, and maybe I've been in California too long.

It's just not my thing, though--I also find these kinda ballcaps cool-looking:

http://kazowie.com/img_temp/lg_a2146247_.jpg

but haven't kidded myself into thinking I can pull it off. Similarly, I like a cool pattern on a collared shirt, but about as loud as my t-shirts get are patterns like this from Brooklyn Industries:

http://www.brooklynindustries.com/brooklyn/images/swatch/1218135309789.jpg
And what it comes down to is, however nice it feels/looks, I don't have the bones or inclination to drop $80-$120 on a t-shirt. That's just me, though.

Archived