Brewer Fanatic

Braun's Remetee Clothing Line

I'm not sure if this thread belongs in Off-Topic, but THIS needs to be addressed. I did a search, and only came up with a comment from a couple months ago. Braun started his own line with someone from Affliction. I probably would never talk to a guy who wore an Affliction shirt, but THIS is just beyond words. Questionable behavior Mr. Braun. And to see cuties Hardy and Sizemore dressed like fools just breaks my heart. Yes, I know I'm being girly right now and generally couldn't care less what players do off the field (I do heart Alex Rodriguez after all), but this hilarity is just too much to pass up.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those shirts are a bit much, but I like to wear tees that are similar to that. I dont really care, BUT, my friend went out in Milwaukee last Saturday and got into a club where he was promoting his new line. 20$ to get in and she got to meet Cameron. Hardy and Braun were surrounded by babes. So she couldnt get to meet them. I dont really care one way or the other about the shirts though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It doesn't look so bad as a T-shirt, but it did look strange over the white collar shirt Braun had on...not that I'll be giving advice on "What not to wear" any time soon...

But my question would be: If I started that line, would it sell? Or is it just selling because Braun started it? (ok, that was two Qs)

We were at a neighborhood party the other day and I saw some gray haired guy with an Affliction shirt on and I just had to point it out to my wife and we both had a good laugh at how utterly ridiculous it looked it. On some young guy maybe it wouldn't be so bad since we would seem just old and old people aren't supposed to understand why young people wear such goofy clothes but to see it on someones grandpa was just really strange.

What am I missing, how is this questionable behavior?

Yeah I don't get it either. It's getting to the point where anything Braun does is criticized and bemoaned for being unclassy or questionable. I have never seen such a good player questioned so much by his hometown fans, especially one who has had no obvious triggers like contract disputes or law breaking.

I love Ryan Braun and hate Deadspin, but I couldn't agree more with this:

http://deadspin.com/5277789/ryan-braun-would-like-to-help-you-grease-up-your-wardrobe

Those searching relentlessly for a t-shirt designed to better accentuate spray tans, distressed jeans, and forearm skull tattoos owe the Brewers left fielder an exploding fist-bump.

Braun, plus his Brewers teammates, came out to support his REMETEE launch party in Milwaukee to help support his company's new line of Jabroni-wear.And don't for a minute think that Braun's just in this to clothe his MMA buddies and teammates. Nope, he's got REMETEE (sounds like "remedy" - not "Ream Tea") positioned for world domination:

"We definitely want to become a full high end fashion line in the future," Braun says, expecting one day to include dress shirts, blazers and jackets, "I want REMETEE to be a respected line."

Mad respect, Brauny. Mad respect.

Yeah I don't get it either. It's getting to the point where anything Braun does is criticized and bemoaned for being unclassy or questionable. I have never seen such a good player questioned so much by his hometown fans, especially one who has had no obvious triggers like contract disputes or law breaking.

Um, because its mostly a joke? Did you look at the pictures? C'mon. Make a joke, you know you want to. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/devil.gif

I could have gone to that aforementioned promotion at the club, but I was sick. My friend went and said it was a huge letdown. The players pretty much went straight into the VIP area. He did ask Braun if he wanted his autograph, though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I figure any place that can kick you out if your shoulder seams are a half inch too low isn't any place I want to hang out, anyway.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
As ugly as they look it wouldn't surprise me to see this take hold in the midwest in a couple of years. I'm 36 and can remember many fashion/hairstyle trends that were shredded by everyone in Milwaukee only to end up being everywhere a few years later.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'll never understand what many Southern Californians consider good fashion.
Fixed.

Come on, just look at the fashion highlights that San Diego baseball brought us:

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/81435dad931f847c6743d1cc3e8e11f60968530.pjpg http://images.yuku.com/image/bmp/f9c15c9b8862de3b70551135ec9ac36d2b966d6.bmp

Um, because its mostly a joke? Did you look at the pictures? C'mon. Make a joke, you know you want to. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/devil.gif

It looks like they asked him to wear one for a pic so he put one on over the sweater and collared shirt he was wearing, just like many people do when trying on clothes. I am sure the ladies in attendance wouldn't have minded him stripping off the sweater and collared shirt to put on the T but I am sure some people's heads would have exploded if Braun appeared shirtless at the mall. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I guess I don't think the shirts look that bad, I know at 35 I am pushing the edge of his target market but graphic T's are hot sellers at Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie, Hollister, True Religion and other higher end teen to young adult stores. My wife even bought me some crazy graphic and script shirts at Bananna Republic last summer.

They can't possibly be as bad the slogan shirts like, "Worst day fishing is better than the best day at work" shirts or the "Grip It and Rip It" shirts popular across WI in the summer.

Affliction, Ed Hardy, etc shirts aren't really my thing for a variety of reasons, but I....uh....I actually kinda, uh, like the shirt JJ has on.

I mean, for what Braunie's probably charging for it, I doubt I'd buy one, but different strokes.

They can't possibly be as bad the slogan shirts like, "Worst day fishing is better than the best day at work" shirts or the "Grip It and Rip It" shirts popular across WI in the summer.

Of course, the only difference is those shirts were 9.99, whereas Remetee shirts are probably 99.99.

I guess the issue is just personal taste. I think they're fine shirts, I wouldn't pay that kind of cash for them, but I like them. I say good luck to Braun on the venture.

Here's something I read about it;

Braun Sheds Light On Fashion Venture - Remetee Clothing

He's a long way from New York's Fashion Week, but Ryan Braun was roaming the Brewers clubhouse this week distributing his new line of T-shirts, looking and sounding like Milwaukee's answer to Marc Jacobs.

The brand name is Remetee, and Braun spent 4-5 hours a day during the offseason hiring staff and working on designs at the company's Los Angeles offices. He co-owns the venture with a handful of investors whom he declined to name, but a magazine article that Braun showed to Brewers beat writer reported that one of them is Affliction owner Todd Beard, whose brand is ubiquitous in Major League clubhouses. The new company's name is a play on the word "remedy", because Braun hopes that its bright colors and friendlier graphics offer an answer to the dark, drab designs popular until now.

The reorders are coming in to the tune of $100K each. That's unheard for a new line especially in this economy.

The shirts run from $70-$100, complete with rhinestones on the higher end - but so far business is good.

"The initial buzz has been unbelievable." Said Braun "It's greater than we ever anticipated."

Some of his celebrity friends have helped. Braun distributed clothes to NBA star Tony Parker and his famous wife, Eva Longoria, to Ashton Kutcher and then, naturally to baseball players like Derek Jeter, David Wright and CC Sabathia.

Archived