2B: Utley
SS: Hanley
3B: Wright
OF: Ibañez

OF: Upton
OF: Kemp
SP: Santana
RP: Hoffman
I wish I could fit Adrián González in the starting lineup, but no can do.

My AL Starters would be:

C: V Martinez

1B: Morneau (Cabrera is a close 2nd)

2B: A. Hill

SS: Bartlett

3B: Longoria

OF: A. Jones

OF: Crawford

OF: Ichiro

SP: Greinke

RP: F. Francisco

My NL Starters would be:

C: Yadi Mo (I also like McCann, but I don't know enough about his D)

1B: Albert

2B: Sanchez (O Dog has better numbers, but Sanchez plays on Pitt)

SS: Tejada

3B: Zimmerman

OF: Ibanez

OF: Beltran

OF: J Upton

RP: K Rod

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I was wondering:

Braun

Fielder

Cameron

Hoffman

Gallardo

Who makes it? I say three: Braun, Fielder, & Hoffman. (Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, but this seemed like the proper place to post this).

Braun and Hoffman will make the team. I think Cam is having a better year than Prince, but there are a lot of quality outfielders. Yo doesn't have the stats.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

SS: Tejada
Why Tejada over Ramirez? Ramirez's OPS is .50 higher leads in home runs and steals and has less errors. Tejada has more RBI's but I still do not see it. The rest of the list looks good to me. I see Braun on the list once he goes on a little home run binge to jump that OPS a bit.

Tejada

G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS GO/AO

51 207 29 75 113 20 0 6 32 6 1 13 2 2 .362 .388 .546 .934 1.18

Ramirez

49 188 34 65 106 17 0 8 25 20 2 33 8 4 .346 .417 .564 .981 0.78

I think you could make an argument for either guy. I personally like Tejada because he has a higher AVG with more ABs.

Braun would be my only Brewer to start at this point. He's probably a close 3/4 OF with Beltran...could go either way. Ibanez is a clear #1 with Upton #2. I like Cam to be on the team too. Hoffman should be on the team as well, but I might start K-Rod or Broxton. They are all fairly close. Prince could get on the team as well, but he has two clear cut guys at first well ahead of him. Too many pitchers in front of Yovani.

My NL Starters would be:

C: Yadi (only because of the D...no problem with Benji or Martin either)

1B: Pujols

2B: Utley (Hudson & Sanchez are solid, but Utley is in another world at the plate)

SS: Ramirez

OF: Braun

RP: Broxton

My AL starters:

C: Mauer

1B: Morneau

2B: Kinsler

SS: I usually close my eyes and pick someone on the ballot

OF: Adam Jones, Bay, and Nelson Cruz

RP: Fuentes

My NL starters

C: Y. Molina

1B: Adrian Gonzalez

SS: Ramirez

OF: Ibanez, Hawpe, Upton

RP: Hoffman

Brewers making it onto the roster: Hoffman, Cameron, Braun, and Fielder.

My AL starters:

C: Joe Mauer - Twins

1B: Miguel Cabrera - Tigers

2B: Ian Kinsler - Rangers

3B: Evan Longoria - Rays

SS: Jason Bartlett - Rays

OF: Jason Bay - Red Sox, Torii Hunter - Angels and Ichiro Suzuki - Mariners

SP: Zack Greinke - Royals

My NL starters

C: Brian McCann - Braves

1B: Adrian Gonzalez - Padres

2B: Orlando Hudson - Dodgers

3B: Ryan Zimmerman - Nationals

SS: Hanley Ramirez - Marlins

OF: Ryan Braun - Brewers, Carlos Beltran - Mets and Raul Ibanez - Phillies

SP: Johan Santana - Mets

Braun, Hoffman and Gallardo make it from the Brewers. Cameron and Fielder with outside shots.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

My AL Starters would be:

C: Mauer

1B: Morneau

SS: Bartlett

OF: Bay

OF: Hunter

RP: Papelbon

My NL Starters would be:

C: McCann

OF: Braun

Justin Upton : 34 R 10 HR 33 RBI 6 SB 107 TB .322

Matt Kemp: 33 R 6 HR 30 RBI 12 SB 97 TB .310

Upton's better in every category except SB's, not to mention he's hot right now. Upton's also better than Beltran in every category except AVG. and SB's.

If Soriano had a much higher AVG. and maybe some more RBI's, then I'd actually consider starting him...

EDIT: Ah...thanks for pointing that out. For some reason I always get Young and Upton mixed up. I didn't even notice the mistake until after I posted this. Mental lapse there...sorry. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

Tejada

Ramirez

I think you could make an argument for either guy. I personally like Tejada because he has a higher AVG with more ABs.

He has more AB because he walks a lot less.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

AL

C: J. Mauer

1B: J. Morneau

2B: I. Kinsler

SS: J. Bartlett

3B: E. Longoria

OF: C. Crawford

OF: Junior

OF: J. Bay

SP: Z. Greinke

RP: J. Nathan

NL

C: B. McCann

1B: A. Pujols

2B: C. Utley

SS: H. Rameriez

3B: D. Wright

OF: R. Ibañez

OF: R. Braun

OF: J. Upton

Brewers on the Team: Braun, Fielder, Hoffman

Call me a sap, but I want to see Ken Griffey Junior start in what is likely his final all-star game and season. Otherwise I would put in Hunter.

Call me a sap, but I want to see Ken Griffey Junior start in what is likely his final all-star game and season. Otherwise I would put in Hunter.

I was thinking the same thing when I was picking my all stars. I'd like to see him play in one more time.

Tejada

Ramirez

BA is less valuable than OBP and Ramirez is 30 points higher there. I do not understand why AB's would matter. Like logan said those at bats are pretty much made up for in the walks. I do not think you can really make an argument for Tejada unless you overall value BA and undervalue OBP and OPS.

ABs would matter for the sample size. A batting average of .300 is more impressive with 200 ABs than a batting average of .300 with 100 ABs. When comparing the players I didn't include walks which would make ABs a wash.

May we move on to picking on people who didn't select Albert as the starting 1B now? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

May we move on to picking on people who didn't select Albert as the starting 1B now? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
I think a case could be made for Gonzo from SD. If its other than those two...then we can gripe.

AL:

C Mauer

1B Youkilis

2B Hill

SS Bartlett

3B Longoria

OF Adam Jones

OF Torii Hunter

OF Jason Bay

SP Grienke

RP: Francisco

NL:

C McCann

1B Pujols

2B Phillips

SS Ramirez

3B Zimmerman

OF Ibanez

OF Beltran

OF Braun

SP Santana

RP: Hoffman (You can't do better than perfect)

I wanted to take A. Gonzalez but Pujols has him in BA, OBP and SP. Braun is probably the weakest choice. Upton's fanned 50 times and Braun has better OBP so I gave the edge to our guy. Can't understand why anyone would take Upton over Beltran.

Tough to leave off: AL: Morneau, V. Martinez, Ichiro, D. Jeter, M. Cabrera. Tough to leave off NL: A. Gonzalez, M. Tejada, O. Hudson, B. Hawpe, D. Wright, J. Upton.

AL

C: J. Mauer

1B: J. Morneau

2B: I. Kinsler

SS: J. Bartlett

3B: E. Longoria

OF: C. Crawford (33 steals and only caught twice. Are you kidding me?)

OF: Adam Jones

OF: J. Bay

SP: Z. Greinke

RP: J. Nathan

NL

C: B. McCann

1B: A. Pujols

2B: C. Utley

SS: H. Ramirez

3B: R. Zimmerman

OF: R. Ibañez

OF: R. Braun

OF: J. Upton

RP: Hoffman (gotta go with perfection. He's putting quite a stamp on a HOF career.)

I'll preface my voting to say that recent career is a big part of my vote though they have to be doing well this year as well. That is why I'd take Pujols over Gonzalez as an example.

AL

C: Mauer -

1B: Youkilis - much better defensively than Morneau

SS: Jeter - feels dirty picking him but he has been close to as good as Bartlett and has a better track record.

OF: Cruz - makes me feel sick to add him but he is playing gold glove defense and hitting

OF: Suzuki

SP: Halladay - Greinke is acceptable too of course.

RP: Nathan

Bay is a hack in the OF still so he does not make my list, defense does matter afterall.

NL

C: McCann - Hard to pick someone who missed so much time but he is more valuable than any other C in the NL so far on the year even with the time off.

3B: Zimmerman - Don't have an issue with picking Wright either

OF: Cameron

OF: Kemp

SP: Lincecum

Upton, Braun, Pence and Beltran are all near misses in the OF, just too many good choices. For the Kemp vs Upton comparison the biggest differences are Kemp has done it longer and Kemp is a gold glove caliber defensive player and Upton is just an ok one.

Curious as to why the Kemp over Braun on a few choices. Is it just to go against the hometown guy? I have Kemp as a keeper on my fantasy team and it looks like their stats are very similar thus far, Braun does have a higher OBP and SLG leading to a much higher OPS, but he doesn't have as many stolen bases. I'll admit I haven't seen much of Kemp's D, but Braun seems to be playing a pretty good LF thus far and is much improved vs. last year when he seemed tentative at times.

The other interesting one is Ibanez. It seemed everyone was down on the signing of him over Burrell and yet Ibanez is on fire, I can't believe how well he has started out.

Just a little bit of my own opinion. Realistically Kemp might be a backup all star OF in the long run, but there is no way he's a starter. His numbers are great but the votes just aren't there for him unless he gets crazy numbers the rest of the month before the July 5th deadline. Also, it would be hard pressed for Prince to make it IMO. Every team has to have an allstar and unless something really dumb happens, the one representing SD will be Gonzalez.

For me the tie breaker was just defense. Kemp has been better defensively than Upton or Braun and Beltran has missed time so Kemp takes the tie breaker. Ibanez and Cameron make my ballot because of how great they have been this year and that they haven't been terrible in their career. I looked at this years stats and then used career stats as a tie breaker and Ibanez was so far ahead of others this year that he made it, same with Nelson Cruz.

Archived