Brewer Fanatic

What rookies in the division scare you?

I definitely would include Votto/Cueto/Volquez/etc., I guess. If the OP is specifically only looking for a true rookie, then like you said just about the only answer is Rasmus -- also scary.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Andrew McCutcheon, OF Pittsburgh Pirates... Jason Jaramillo, C Pittsburgh Pirates (mostly just because he is from Racine, WI)... Nick Stavinoa, OF St. Louis is alright... if we're talking about blue chippers then I think it's pretty thin right now but I'm sure the next wave will hit some time in the next half year to year.

I was going to go with McCutchens, alvarez & Rasmus. The player that I really like and would be worried about is Brett Wallace. This guy has a monster bat and will be the starting 3B for the Cardinals next year if not sooner.

So what is the rest of the division going to be saying when Mat Gamel is doing his best Wade Boggs impersonation and Brett Lawrie is being compared to Rogers Hornsby??

As for young players in our division that scare me, Bruce has to be at the top. Rasmus....not so much. He's good, but does Corey Hart strike fear in your heart like Prince/Braun? And pitchers... The cream is Yo. Seriously, if you took the top players, 25 or younger in our division, the Brewers would have to be considered to have at least 3-5. Braun-Yo-Prince may very well be 1-2-3 in some irrelevant order (personally, I think Yo is #1. Seriously.)

As a dark horse candidate for pitcher who could be scaring us as early as next year, what about Brad Lincoln? His AA numbers are very good and he should just about be regaining his stuff right about....NOW.

McCutchen will be a good ballplayer but he won't be anything special imo, his upside offensively is Reyes with fewer SB probably and Reyes has not been elite offensively for his career

I wouldn't say Jeff Samardzija scares me, but I hate him so much that if he did end up dominating the Brewers it would send me through a wall.

The only thing scary about Jeff Samrdzijajaja is that damn no trade clause of his. Stupid Jim Hendry and his stupid Noter Dame obsession.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived