Brewer Fanatic

Macha on Rome wednesday june 3

patrickgpe

I liked the fact that he corrected Rome on the "Moneyball" reference, asking him to look at an old Sports Illustrated with the Ted Williams "The Art of Hitting" article.

Excellent interview. Macha made sure his point of view came across, but he did it in a non-condescending manner. Refreshing!

Great interview, I really enjoy how good Rome is at interviewing people. One of the best in the business. Liked Macha's thoughts on Gallardo and correcting Rome on "Moneyball". I'm just a big Macha fan, love listening to him talk. Just laid back and smart, knows and loves baseball.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I give Rome credit - he has come a long way from the immature, unprofessional days of "Chris Everett" and conducts some good interviews. He does "softball" athletes more than I would like, but he has to lube them up a bit so that they come back on his show (he apparently learned from the "Chris Everett" days).

Personally as much as I disliked Kornheiser's personality, I loved the fact that he interviewed reporters who were not afraid to give the real story and tell it like it is, and not dance around and kiss behinds like Dan Patrick did. Kornheiser was my least favorite broadcaster, but his show was my favorite show because the media people and reporters he had on were the most interesting interviews.

At least once every interview, DP gets the interviewee to say." Hmm, that is a good question..." Dan is so much better than Jim Rome. Rome is still the same guy that got flipped by "Chris" Everett.

Rome has improved on interviews, but I can't stand his radio show otherwise. Underneath all his jibber jawing and middle school level phone ins and emails, there seems to be an intelligent guy who'd rather play to the dumbest, immature fan. It's like a sports fan version of Beavis and Butthead.

Dan Patrick is obsessed with the Lakers and East Coast teams. In every interview he conducts he makes sure the audience appreciates what buds he and the interviewee are.

I thought Tony Kornheiser's radio show was the best sports talk show ever.

Guess I'm just not a fan of talk radio....

i listen to rome because its different. It seems to me that every sports talk show takes on the same couple topics of the day and runs them to the ground. I used to listen to alot of sportstalk in college and developed a disdain for it. Rome's show is different. I know there is a lot of immaturity to it.

It seems to me that every sports talk show takes on the same couple topics of the day and runs them to the ground.
It's clear that's the strategy on espn radio. No doubt they have a production meeting in the wee hours of the morning and pick 3-4 topics that all programs will focus on for the day. Kind of like the old days when Gingrich and the GOP would FAX the day's talking points to Limbaugh.

i listen to rome because its different. It seems to me that every sports talk show takes on the same couple topics of the day and runs them to the ground. I used to listen to alot of sportstalk in college and developed a disdain for it. Rome's show is different. I know there is a lot of immaturity to it.
As a fellow Rome fan I agree. He himself says most people don't like it the first few times they listen. He says give it two weeks, if you still don't like it then fine. But if you don't give it that long you can't really see what it is all about.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived