Brewer Fanatic

2009 Brewers Block Parties

Godspeed

The Milwaukee Brewers have scheduled three block parties this summer.

This is the third summer the franchise has held block parties around the metropolitan area. All parties begin at 11 a.m. and will end by 1 p.m.

Here is the schedule:

1. Saturday, June 27 at Village Park in Brown Deer, 4800 W. Green Brook Drive.

2. Saturday, July 11 at Kern Park, 3614 N. Humboldt Blvd.

3. Saturday, Aug. 15 at Hart Park in Wauwatosa, 7300 Chestnut St.

The list of specific player appearances will be announced the week of each event. Each party will have a brief question and answer period and an autograph session.

In addition to players, the parties will include appearances by Bernie Brewer and the Racing Sausages, and Brewers radio and television personalities. Free hot dogs, soda and potato chips will be provided for roughly 300 people.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46721042.html

Woot to the Brown Deer stop (I live there), but why nothing south of I-94?

I'm good to see the Brewers are having the block parties again. I haven't attended in previous years, but I would like to check one out this year. Are they fun? Is it tough to get autos?
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

There's already people posting on JSOnline complaining of going to that area because basically "gasp" black people live there.

Ha ha ha. JSOnline, where brain cells go to die.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

there were a couple last year on the south/southwest side of milwaukee. i would assume they will move to the south suburbs in the future.

there was also one at sherman park last year. i wonder what the JS people were saying about that one

• 3 weeks later...

I might head on over to the event this Saturday in Brown Deer, but with a one-year-old in tow it ain't worth it to me to wait in line for an autograph (especially seeing that I'm not an autograph guy anyways). Still want to check it out though.

I'm also contemplating waiting in line for some of the lesser players, grabbing the pen, and then holding it ransom for game-signed apparel from Prince, Braun, and Ed Sedar. And yes, the baby will be used as protection from security and team officials.

Anyone here among the 2000+ that showed up today in Brown Deer? With the attendance at that size, I'm pretty thankful I ended up avoiding it. It's still pretty cool that the team does this though.

Without knowing the make-up of the autograph seekers, would it be beneficial to limit the signatures to children to pare down the crowd size? How many people today left home disappointed?

2000 people?! Wow... I was there and didn't think there were that many. But I thought the event was run VERY smoothly this year. I was able to make it through 2 lines, and left just as they were saying 15 minutes left, so I probably could have made it through a third line. But all in all, it was a fun time.

I didn't think there was that many people. I was able to get through 3 lines and there was still 5 minutes left. It was ran smoothly by what the Brewers usually do. They should have put the wristbands on the people instead of handing them to the people to put on themselves. There were people that had multiple wristbands...almost like they were showing a "band of courage"

I love they'll be in Riverwest. There's already people posting on JSOnline complaining of going to that area because basically "gasp" black people live there.
Ugh.

That said, it kinda reminds me of an article in that Brewers' free program they gave out at MP in '06 (don't know if they're still doing it, I'd be surprised) about how the team was trying to reach out and have a presence in Milwaukee's African-American community that they apparently really did not have for a long time by holding events, etc. I remember one of the quotes being a pre-teen African-American girl squealing for Rickie Weeks, etc, pretty funny/awesome

Anyway, glad they're doing these--the Brewers really do do a great job of outreach (although I can't recall seeing one chat session this year--those were awesome last year, I esp. liked the Corey and Shousie ones).

That said, it kinda reminds me of an article in that Brewers' free program they gave out at MP in '06 (don't know if they're still doing it, I'd be surprised)

They still give away a little Gameday Program at every game.

Anyway, glad they're doing these--the Brewers really do do a great job of outreach (although I can't recall seeing one chat session this year--those were awesome last year, I esp. liked the Corey and Shousie ones).

I know there was a Yovani one this year, and maybe a Coffey one?

Edit: Yep, Yovani & Coffey

Archived