Brewer Fanatic

Gathering up the mock drafts

I'm hearing that Mike Leake goes to the Royals at #12 unless a prep player that they don't expect to fall that far does slide further than expected. No clue who that prep player is, but that bucks most people's mock drafts that has the Royals taking Grant Green or a catcher.

Apparently the Pirates are going to take Tony Sanchez 4th overall. On the heels of the McLouth trade, that's not going to make them many friends.

Lots of prep players with higher-than-expected price tags. Matzek, who was supposed to be the cheap one of him and Purke, wants a "precedent-setting" deal. Shelby Miller wants $4M.

What does it matter if the MLB turns you down? Aren't they always turning everyone down, only for the MLB team to just ignore them and go ahead and do it? I'm thinking of the Tigers with Porcello, and the Dbacks with multiple players.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit- Oh, I get it, turned down by the player. My mistake.

Archived