Brewer Fanatic

Anyone Else Playing Sheepshead on Yahoo?

zurch1818

Lately I have been playing some sheepshead on Yahoo and many players have started talking to me about the Brewers -- possibly because my name user name is weshelmsfan18. Because roughly 90 percent of the players are from Wisconsin, there happens to be a good chance of them also being members of this site. In matter of fact, someone on that site a couple years ago introduced me to bf.net.

Does anyone else play Sheepshead on Yahoo?

Yea, I play sometimes. Like most of your assessments, there are a lot of times when i get kicked. Although, I pretty much do the same thing during Euchre. Im usually thinking 3 moves ahead. So I get upset when people make silly/dumb mistakes. Most of my friends dont like playing with me in our home games even though im the best/one of the best players that we play with.

I'm there. I actually think I was the guy who pointed you this way, weshelmsfan18. I wouldn't forget that name.

How can anyone forget about Wes? Thanks if it was you. This site is awesome. For the record, if anyone sees me there, I will play with any provisional that claims to know the game and has no abandoned games. I also agree that there are some veterans on there that complain about any mistake made. These same veterans hate my style of picking weak. However, what is the point of playing conservative if there is no money on the table?

I used to play, but couldn't stand the cheating. I was ranked at the highest rank, and started to get tired of the way some people talked there. Some think they know everything, or think that I should know exactly what cards are in their hand. They'd then get mad when I'd win. I also couldn't stand that you'd get yelled at if you didn't make a move in 3 seconds. Sometimes the connection is slow and it took a while for me to see what other people had played.

Also, work finally figured out how to block the site. I played a lot while on the clock, but no more.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I used to play it online, but I couldn't STAND the elitists who didn't understand that sometimes you need to take a chance when it's obvious that the picker has a better hand.

I'd _love_ to get together (live) with some BFnetters and play on a regular basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, whatever). We play at work every day over lunch, so I'm definitely not an embarrassment. Or, if we can't get enough people together for a live game, I'm fine with playing on Yahoo as well (I'm "phearinc").

(and I'm stickying this thread because Sheepshead is the 2nd best thing to oxygen).

I also think that sheepshead is an amazing game and play everyday over lunch. My friends and I recently acquired a deck of Bavarian cards and have been learning "Schafkopf" which is the German game from which sheepshead originated. I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys sheepshead as it has a few different rules that are interesting.

I'm not in Milwaukee so I couldn't do a live game on a regular basis, but I'd be up for playing on yahoo. I've been wanting to play on-line, but I've heard that many people have the same problem as cwolf2012 and get booted if they haven't played a lot before (which I think is completely ridiculous).

I haven't played for quite some time, but fancy myself a pretty good player. I would definitely be up for a live game, perhaps even on a regular or semi-regular basis, provided I'm in town (we put between 20k & 30k miles on the bike every summer... gone a lot). I live in Twin Lakes, right down by the Illinesian border, but would be willing to drive or ride to Milwaukee, West Allis, Brookfield, etc. for a game. We're leaving this Friday, returning the 25th, if you guys wanna try and put something together.

I just tried playing today (I have never played before, and I still don't have a very good idea how to play) and I only played 3 hands because of one jerk that was at my table. He/she kept trying to tell the table host to boot another player and I. It was very annoying and rude, and the rest of the players at the table all thought this person had a problem. Just because of that experience, I will never go back to play Sheepshead on Yahoo!.

I grew upo in a poker playing family, but my wifes family has played sheeps for years. So when I met her I started to play with the family at occasions. At first, there were some of them I couldn't play with because they would get annoyed with me trying to learn the game. Now, after 4 years of playing on and off I have a good grasp of the game but there are still of few of them I won't play with because for a quarter they have a heart attack if you miss something. For beginners it is tough when you play with people who take the game waaayyy to seriously. I enjoy it, and when I first started to play I wanted to go online to learn and the only place is Yahoo. I figured learn online no money involved, perfect. But, as has been stated, no matter what room I went to I got booted. Even now, even though I assure people in the lobby I can play, since I am not part of the close knit community that is online sheeps, I get booted. I know people take the game seriously, but I find it awfully idiotic that in an online setting a beginner or even someone who has playede for years and just wants to enjoy themselves is treated like an idiot. It just baffles me thats all.....

I would be all up for playing live, but I'm too far away from Milwaukee, so yahoo will have to do.

Out of curiosity, what is your preferred style of play? For me, it is leaster jd partner with end picks which is the only style I will play on Yahoo.

I would be all up for playing live, but I'm too far away from Milwaukee, so yahoo will have to do.

Out of curiosity, what is your preferred style of play? For me, it is leaster jd partner with end picks which is the only style I will play on Yahoo.

I'm with you with JD partner and gotta pick on the end. That's the way we usually play live when we gamble and my favorite way to play.

I never really took the time to figure out how to play calling an ace.

Archived