Brewer Fanatic

Zach Braddock (Update: Ailing Shoulder-Reply #21)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
How about actually reporting the news to the public, instead of solely in your personal correspondence. That, and people skills.
I'd be willing to bet that approximately 15% of Brewer fans know who Zach Braddock is and approximatley 60 - 70% of those people post on this board.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'd be willing to bet that approximately 15% of Brewer fans know who Zach Braddock is and approximatley 60 - 70% of those people post on this board.

Braddock has already been mentioned this year by TH, so I'm not buying that. Even if this remained unreported due to space limitations, why not just post it in the blog? The optimist in me sees the lack of "official" news on this issue as a sign that the Brewers see this as no big deal, but the cynic in me just points to Haudricourt's established track record of lackluster reporting on all things minor league.

Let's say there are 100 regular posters on the Minor League forum: 100 / .6 / .15 = 1111 total Brewers fans. Oh noes, it's 2002 again!

Braddock is ailing, nothing more, nothing less.....
First off, welcome to the board. Thanks for sharing your insight.

Secondly, there is no such thing as "ailing". That is the equivalent of saying someone "died of old age". Braddock is "ailing" because something is wrong and at this point - undiagnosed. It could be multiple things that the Brewers consider minor enough to save the MRI machine. (Such as slight inflammation, breaking up scar tissue, or a small strain)

It's probably nothing serious.

he likely didn't have word from Brewers officials yet.
He asked Gord Ash. (Who oversees the medical reports) That is how I received the first report.

See post #21.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sheesh, some people are a little touchy about TH or Zah Braddock or the minor league forums or something. It was hyperbole. Do we have a font for that too?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

My comment about Braddock "ailing" was not meant to be a medical diagnosis, just stating he was not being disciplined as somebody else suggested or anything else. Zach was at the game last night in street clothes taping the game from the stands.

Thanks for the updates GoMocs! Some of us appreciate the first hand accounts! As Homer said, some people can be REAL touchy about items on this forum every now and again! Please don't let it bother you and PLEASE keep posting whatever updates you get!

I second that! We all like first hand accounts, but some don't like to have their expert status/opinion challenged by an actual first hand account! Keep posting though as most of the guys in Huntsville I got to watch here in Charleston at low A ball!

Archived