Brewer Fanatic

New Pixar Film 'Up'

Principessa21

Not a fan of the film. The story was completely re-written multiple times and rushed into production and it really shows. It's incredibly light and most of the jokes are wafer thin. Which is a shame because the film really has an outstanding opening sequence that it could have built on and instead it simply chooses to go through the motions and pander like crazy.

I'm not a huge Pixar fan to begin with, though I do enjoy several of their films, but this is just flat out bad. Cars bad.

A+, IMO

This is not the type of movie that I usually see, especially in theatres. My girlfriend and I took in a double feature this Sunday ($4.50 matinees and free refills on popcorn and soda make it worth it at our local cinema!). I was pumped to see Land of the Lost, but Up was by far the better movie. Is it perfect? No, but it is 90+ minutes of solid, clean entertainment for anyone.

... I don't mean to take this thread off topic, but FYI- wait until the DVD release to see Land of the Lost.

You can tell you are a movie critic Kat! (Not a diss, just I think you expect more from a movie then us casual people) I love Pixars, I expect light hearted fun with a equally light hearted moral lesson at the end. They pretty much delivered... remove Doug from the movie and we may have a problem.

A squirrel walks up to a tree and says "I forgot to gather nuts for the winter and now I am dead". Haha! It's funny because the squirrel gets dead.

Archived