Brewer Fanatic

Brendan Katin

jdoz
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see Katin as a September callup this year, since he could be another weapon off the bench against LHP.

Agreed - No doubt that he has to continue walking more as he's done lately. That being said, a hanging curve is a hanging curve whether in the triple-A all star game or in the majors. No reason to believe he won't hit it out in the majors the same way he did last night.

I saw the Swindle pitch TLB was talking about. Sick sick sick. Why can't he do that in a Brewers uniform? Isn't there room on the 40 man now? I think his call up depends on whether we get some outside pitching help or not.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Can Katin really be any worse than Hart at this point? Katin may strike out a ton but Hart is also prone to looking like a little leaguer at the plate for weeks at a time. IMO Hart has been given his chance, perhaps its time to give someone else a shot in RF?

If the Brewers were to trade Hart either before the all star break or during the offseason, Katin would be a cheap alternative that offers good power and adequate defense. I am sure Doug could find plenty of ways to spend Hart's salary on someone else as well perhaps pitching.

I think Brendan Katin would be Laynce Nix without the defense in the majors....740 OPS, but a .230 BA with a .260 obp...he scares me...if we trade Hart, I'd much rather just play Cat and Gerut

Hart had the third most RBIs for the Brewers last year(almost 100!). He had a horrible year. I guess what I am trying to say is that almost any player with a bat will get RBIs if put in a favorable spot in the order.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Another HR and BB last night. Seems to be getting regular BB's over the last month or so. Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved up for a big bat off the bench or traded for decent value soon.

Archived