Brewer Fanatic

Listened to Jim Powell today

brewtown82
You know, Jim Powell was always an unassuming radio personality, and when i was younger i thought he was Bob Uecker at times, but after listening to the Braves game for a bit on the MLB atBat app on my iphone today, I really miss him. Provus is good, but Powell is damn near special. he only seems average when compared with Uecker the magnificent.

Yeah, Powell is a great one, that's for sure. The Braves were lucky to get him, and I can't blame Powell for relocating to his home area.

I still think Provus is doing a fine job this season, and get the feeling he'll get better as he gains more experience working for the Brewers.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Provus' delivery seems at times to be purposely mannered after Powell. Especially with some of the endorsement ads. I'm OK with that; I think he's doing a fine job. Powell is great though. I hope he gets more national exposure in the future, doing some playoff games or some such thing. He deserves it.

I shouted out to JP at Chase Field on Friday night during BP. He was up in the press box. Told him I missed him on the Brewers Radio. He gave me a thumbs up. I was really hoping he'd be on the field during BP so I could try to flag him down but no luck.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I think I'm going to have to make a point of wearing some Brewerfan gear when we sit in front of the press area on July 24. How nice that he acknowledged you, pitchleague.

/tear/

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived