Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Saturday, May 30th

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Saturday's Daily Menu --

All times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Link here for the live audio choices - audio will no longer archive.

For the Brevard County series, you can click on the audio link for the Fort Myers (Twins) feed.

Nashville: RHP Matt Ginter and TBD at home in a double-dip vs. Omaha (Royals), 5:35 PM pre-game; 6:00 gametime; each contest slated for seven innings

Huntsville: LHP David Welch at Tennessee (Cubs), 5:00 PM pre-game; 5:15 gametime

Brevard County: TBD (likely RHP Mark Rogers) at home vs. Fort Myers (Twins), 6:05 PM gametime

Wisconsin: RHP Cody Adams at West Michigan (Tigers), 5:45 PM pre-game, 6:00 gametime

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Saturday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Tab or New Window". Choose "Recap". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

MiLB.com now has Gameday available for AA as well as AAA this season.

Nashville Game One:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_05_30_omaaaa_nasaaa_1

Nashville Game Two:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_05_30_omaaaa_nasaaa_2

Huntsville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t559&t=g_box&gid=2009_05_30_hunaax_tenaax_1

Brevard County:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t503&t=g_box&gid=2009_05_30_ftmafa_breafa_1

Wisconsin:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_05_30_wisafx_wmiafx_1&did=t572&sid=t572

Brewer Fanatic Staff
 Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nashville 26 23 .531 - 12-12 14-11 L2 Memphis 24 22 .522 0.5 13-9 11-13 L1 Iowa 24 23 .511 1.0 12-12 12-11 W1 Omaha 22 26 .458 3.5 10-14 12-12 W1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Huntsville 27 20 .574 - 10-11 17-9 W6 Carolina 24 24 .500 3.5 12-12 12-12 W2 Tennessee 21 28 .429 7.0 10-17 11-11 L6 Chattanooga 20 28 .417 7.5 10-15 10-13 W2 West Tenn 19 28 .404 8.0 10-13 9-15 L2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Florida State League (A+) - FSL North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brevard County 29 12 .707 - 12-6 17-6 W1 Clearwater 23 20 .535 7.0 11-12 12-8 W2 Daytona 19 23 .452 10.5 8-9 11-14 L4 Lakeland 18 22 .450 10.5 11-13 7-9 L3 Tampa 20 25 .444 11.0 11-13 9-12 L1 Dunedin 17 27 .386 13.5 5-16 12-11 L2 

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Buck Rogers' response to a Huntsville fan in his mailbag --

Why all the roster moves? Why are our players being moved to Helena when Helena isn't even playing until the middle of June?

John P (Huntsville)

Call it creative planning. With the amount of doubleheaders we had to play this past week (three DHs and a single game in about an 80-hour stretch) both teams would've run out of pitchers. Because injury is always at the forefront when this many games are scheduled, both teams were advised to make roster moves to ensure that outfielders and infielders didn't have to pitch. All the doubleheaders were being made up from the three back-to-back-to-back rainouts we had in Huntsville May 1st - 3rd.

It got funny this week when David Welch told us, "My wife called and said a season ticket holder called her to say that I was sent down to Helena. My wife called me all upset and asked what was going on, how come I didn't call before flying out, etc. I told her that I was indeed in Helena trout fishing, enjoying life." Don't panic, Stars fans, the league makes every effort to get the games played.

Do we have any info on Daniel Meadows? He's been very impressive so far, at least statistically. My internet connection doesn't allow me to stream audio, so if anyone has listened to the broadcasts and has heard the scoop on Meadows, it'd be cool to learn some more. Thanks.

Mark Rogers with another solid outing... Here is his spectacular 2nd inning:

Fort Myers Top 2nd

• Rene Leveret strikes out swinging.
  • Chris Parmelee strikes out swinging.
  • Deibinson Romero strikes out swinging

NICE!!!!!

Do we have any info on Daniel Meadows?
I seen him pitch live once. He's a huge dude. His fastball topped out at 85, but his change-up was very effective. That pitch is everything to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Meadows got his third start and just went 8-0. 6IP, 3R, 2ER. Got the benefit of a timely 3R HR by Lawrie in the top of the 7th. to put him in line for the W. Liam Ohlman threw 3 scoreless innings to save the 4-3 game.

Nice to see Mark Rogers have a nice night on the mound, facing the minimum in his 2 innings of work. Also for BC, Gindl has a pair of OF assists.

Brett Lawrie hits a 3-run shot in the 7th to propel the T-Rats to a 4-3 victory. That's gritty clutch!

How good is it to see Jonathan Lucroy with three hits today? I don't think there is any other prospect in the system whose start I have been more surprised by. It's still early enough in the season for him to turn his numbers around, even if he doesn't go 3-4 every day.

Wow, is that really Josh Butler starting for Nashville tonight? Did I miss something?
The way he's pitching they should just leave him in Nashville.

Edit: Butler has thrown 4 shutout innings so far, just 2 singles, no walks, 2 Ks. Cool stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Luetge has been more surprising to me personally, I thought he'd fair much better in the FSL. I expected Cain, Lucroy, and Green might struggle to start the season but would get better as the season progressed, I am shocked by Lucroy's lack of power... he hit 20HR last season after all...

I'm not sure how well Butler's secondary numbers will translate, and this is the same guy that looked atrocious all last season. He's been encouraging, but I hope your beating home your point about Bulter's P50 placement and not realistically suggesting he's a AAA pitcher this season.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Is Mark Rogers ever going to pitch more than 2 innings?
Yes, he's on a strict pitch count until the break at which time they will revisit his innings and maybe his placement if he keeps this up. I could see 3 or 4 of the BC arms getting bumped up this season.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Katin has been on quite a tear lately.

Aguilar looks like he is back on track - 1.80 ERA, 8 H, 10 K, in his last 10 outings, only one walk in his last six appearances/innings.

Rapoza has been about as off-the-radar as one could be with what he's done this year, and even going back his last 40 innings or so.

Archived