Brewer Fanatic

Clint Hurdle Fired

Patrick425

I've seen them play 5 times this year. Clint Hurdle is the least of their problems. There are some major holes on that team. They traded away their best player for an average closer who had lost the role by the middle of April and only got it back because the rest of the bullpen sucked. Hurdle will definitely re-surface.

Unless there is a personality conflict between the manager and the players or management. It makes no sense to fire a manager mid season. It is a waste of money since he is getting paid anyway. Managers are rarely the cause for a team playing poorly.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

It is a waste of money since he is getting paid anyway.

Last year it actually made the Brewers money by making the playoffs. Maybe Ned could have led them there, maybe not. Fact is, he was dropped and they made the playoffs. Just saying.

Also didn't hurt the Marlins with Jack McKeon coming on midseason '03.

bullox wrote:

Last year it actually made the Brewers money by making the playoffs. Maybe Ned could have led them there, maybe not. Fact is, he was dropped and they made the playoffs. Just saying.

Also didn't hurt the Marlins with Jack McKeon coming on midseason '03.

Sveum didn't exactly do a good job of managing either. We likely make the playoffs with or without Yost. Making the playoffs probably had more to do with CC pitching as much as he did.

Are you trying to say that firing Hurdle is good because now the Rockies have a chance to make the playoffs? The Rockies are a bad team that is probably going to lose a lot of games. Firing Hurdle was probably a move to make fans feel better. To show management was doing something.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Are you trying to say that firing Hurdle is good because now the Rockies have a chance to make the playoffs?
Not at all. I responded to the waste of money comment with a matter-of-fact post.

Archived