Brewer Fanatic

Decks - wood or synthetic? any opinions?

My neighbor in NJ used Timbertech products on his deck a few years ago, and it looked terrific.

We have friends who have a cottage in upstate NY with a very old (first generation?) Trex deck that has not gotten swept over the years. It's pretty ugly--though still structurally fine. That deck is probably 20 years old, and leaves just pile up on it for months at a time.

We have a wood deck (bought the house with it), and when it comes time to replace it, I'm about 99 percent sure I'm going with an engineered product.

We have a Trex deck, and love it. It should last forever, with the only maintenance being a pressure-wash every year or 2. No painting, no staining, no warping, no rotting, etc.

Azek and Timbertech are far and away better then Trex mainly due to their ridgedness(best way I can explain it). I sell all three products and you put the three together and you will see the difference.

Archived