Brewer Fanatic

Uecker Seats for Sunday?

Do they limit the number of Uecker seats an individual can purchase? If not, is that how people always have so many extras to sell?
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I don't recall the ticket booth number, but it is in the center just to the general south of Helfaer Field. It is a specific window only. For a Sunday game, I would recommend getting in line approx 3 hours prior to game time. That is just before the lots open up. That means 90 minutes of waiting in line. I believe the limit is 1 per person, possibly 2, but definitely not more than that.

it's the first ticket booth to the left of the home plate entrance. Yes, only one ticket per person, and cash only. 3 hours should get you a ticket, but you probably won't be first, especially on a bobblehead day.

Do they limit the number of Uecker seats an individual can purchase? If not, is that how people always have so many extras to sell?

From what I've observed, most people who have a lot of extras, come in with several terrace seats. You'll see people leave with a bag full of bobbles. I went with a friend to a bobble day two seasons ago where he had purchased some 10 seat deal in the terrace, that came with vouchers for hot dogs and sodas. He got 8 bobbles that day.

Also, after the game there are at least two people I always see, standing outside offering people $5-$10 for their bobbles and they seem to get a lot of takers.

Yeah - I would get there closer to 8 or 8:30, or you might get shut out. As was mentioned, people do always save spots for friends and stuff, so you want to make sure you are no more than 50 back or so when you get there. There are 106 total Uecker Seats sold, one per person, at Window 12.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Brewers sell tickets in loge bleacher section 238 on gameday too. They go on sale the same time as the Uecker seats for $10 each (half of the normal bleacher price). I'm not sure what ticket window that is (might be 11?) and I don't know if they still limit that to one per person or not. But the Uecker line will be mostly people who already have tickets and want an extra bobble, whereas the bleacher section will probably be mostly people who actually want tickets to see the game. Plus, there are more of these than Uecker seats - something like 186 I believe.

Otherwise, if for whatever reason neither of those options works, SRO is $17 each or you could try to buy from scalpers (although they will likely be selling terrace tix for no lower than $25-$30 each until gametime gets close).

I know last year by around 8:30-9:00 there were usually already 100 people in line for the Uecker seats on bobblehead days. My friend and I would get there around 7am and were probably 20-25th in line. I'm not sure how the lines have been this year, though.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Hearing this makes me question why they Crew still puts up with such fraud and the like for so little ($100?). I said last year they should drop the Uecker seats and just call them what they are, obstructed view, and offer them only during sold out games as an alternative to standing room, at the same price as SRO.

To be blunt, the idea of selling seats so bad no one sits in them, and just use them to gain entry and/or a promo item, seems kind of minor league.

My dad used to buy the Uecker seats all the time, and then treat them as standing room only tickets. I think it's a nice gesture to the fans, and is another thing that makes going to Miller Park affordable.

I actually sat in my Uecker seat once, and it wasn't too bad.

I could understand offering these seats for every game BUT promo games.

Community Moderator

Hearing this makes me question why they Crew still puts up with such fraud and the like for so little ($100?).

I guess I'm not sure where the "fraud" takes place- first, it's not like they're selling Uecker tickets for promo games only, they're sold for all 81 home games. Two, people who buy a ticket to the game, any ticket, are entitled to receive any promo items. Not sure where the "fraud" is in that, really.

Uecker seats are one of the traditions that make Miller Park unique. When Uecker passes away they may stand as a sort of tribute to his show biz career.

SRO seats are expensive. The team is obligated to do some things to keep the games cheap because much of the value of the team is attributable to a primarily publicly built stadium on public land (leased from the the VA for $1 per year according to a poppy peddling veteran). It is fitting that Mark A's public welfare colleagues can afford to see the games.

When $2 bleacher seats were always available at Wrigley Field there was something to like about them. Now that they have a reputation for pressing every last dollar out of their fans, not so much.

It is unfortunate that the first 106 to get in line do not get the tickets due to widespread space saving. But it is understandable that the team would not want to hand out numbers or allocate an employee for money losing tickets that go to a lot of their least favorite customers.

Most SRO seats are what $17? But, if you go get a Uecker seat, you pay $1, but hardly anyone sits in them, they treat them the same as SRO. Hence, one person pays one amount, another pays another.

At the very least, they should raise the price of them to the same as Bernie's Terrace. That would eliminate much of the incentive to use them as a means to misuse. However, I'd just eliminate them. The time has passed. When you're getting 20K a night, it was cute. Now, there's no need.

I don't see a problem with the current policy. Price discrimination is a pretty common business practice - if someone is willing to go through a lot more work and waiting for a $16 savings, they can go ahead. For me, I'd never accept a $16 payoff for 2+ hours of waiting outside in a line, as there are many better ways for me to save cash.

As long as it's one ticket per fan and seating policy is enforced, I wouldn't mind that people paid less than me and had to wait for crappy seats when I printed mine out at home and waltzed up to the gate.

How are Uecker seats being misused? If people are passionate about attaining bobblehead dolls and can gain admission to the game for $1/doll, more power to them. They're not breaking the rules and they aren't sitting in somebody else's seats.

Edit: Agreed, mothership. It's about opportunity cost. I'd rather pay $17 for regular SRO than wake up at 6 am and wait in line for 3-4 hours for a $1 ticket.

The Uecker seat are good for Bussiness. What if you had to pay $17 Dollars to get in everytime. What if you are a hard core fan with a limmited income? How many times could you aford to go and pay that?

The chance to get a seat for a Dollar gives some people the chance to go every game if they want to enless there work don't let them too. And getting them into the park is a big deal.

To get a Uecker tickets on an averge day you should be in the line about a 1/2 an Hour before they go on sale and when you get your ticket when the gates open there is still an Hour and Half tell Game Time and the averge game is 3 Hours. So how you look at it's 5 Hours out your day or more if you have to travil some to get to the ballpark.

Can you go 5 to 6 Hours without Eating or Drinking Something. Sure some of them will bring in Food and Drink but most of them do end up spending some money in the ballpark.

There is a core group of guys who stand in that line again and again. I know it for I'm one of them and it isn't every game as you would think I got a season ticket pack that covers mostly the Weekend Games. I'm not alone with getting some advance Tickets.

Belive me when I tell you it some of the best fans the Brewers have that stand in that line and it would be wrong to take that away from us for we do spend a good deal at the Ballpark over a full season.

Anyway, Sunday it's always a good idea to be in the line atless 3 or 4 Hours before they go on sell on any bobblehead day and I've always thought it's better not to go the cheap those days and get an advance ticket.

By 9 AM the chance to get a Uecker ticket will be long past. Your odds are way better waiting at window 40 for the $10 bleacher tickets as most aren't aware of these seats. The tickets are nice and unobstructed and you can get more than a ticket per person

Verified Member

Not built on VA land, btw.. Unless the VA owned a dump.. There is a famous picture of Daniel Hoan & Charles Whitnall standing over the area where County Stadium was going to be built, bulldozers pushing garbage around in the valley..

MP has several methane vents around the perimeter because the dump is directly below the park and parking lot.

According to wikipedia and ballparks.com it was built on Story Quarry, and digging deeper into that I found from the Story Hill Neighborhood site that the North Parking lot at Miller Park is where the quarry was located. Another site (ballparksofbaseball.com) does mention it being built on a garbage dump. Maybe the quarry was filled in with garbage when the stadium was being built?

Archived