Brewer Fanatic

Old Brewers' ticket stubs

jaybird2001wi
I have often kept the ticket stubs of all or most of the Brewer games I have ever gone to. Just the other day I looked through them and wondered to myself if I had mistakenly thrown some of them out because I remember going to about 30-40 Brewer games in the bleachers during the final County Stadium season alone and I can count up to 23 or so. Does anyone collect their stubs like me?

I have the stubs for most of the Brewer games I've attended, going back to my first game, September 25, 1983 (exactly a quarter century before the Ryan Braun grand slam walkoff last fall - which I also attended).

In the 1990s, I began jotting down the final score and a few notes about the game ("Burnitz HR" or "DeJean angers me" or what have you). In more recent years, I've been noting the game attendance and season-to-date attendance.

Later in the 1990s, after my grandfather died, my aunt who was settling his estate found some of his baseball ticket stubs and gave them to me. Not only did he also note the final score on the back of his stubs, he sat in the same section we'd sat in for the final years of County Stadium. That was nice circle-of-life realization.

When I had some time off in April, I went through the Miller Park stubs and calculated the Brewers' winning percentage in games we've attended at MP. I believe it was in the .560s - not bad given some of the seasons the Brewers have endured there. Someday I'll do the same for the County Stadium stubs. Retrosheet makes it possible!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

I started saving around 1997. It is a spotty collection, but I probably have about 2/3 of the games that I have gone to. The tickets from the last games at County Stadium are the coolest ones.

I've made a collage out of all sports ticket stubs for the home bar area, putting the more prominent ones up front, but being in the northwoods don't get to nearly as many games each year. After missing the excitement of the '82 playoffs in person, I made sure not miss it the next year... I've got 4 unused tickets to the playoff games at County Stadium in 1983 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

This is sort of related. I have a friend that purchased ticket stubs to the Brewers-Cardinals World Series in "1983". It was framed, he knew they were fake but they were cheap and found it funny. I've been looking to find other fake ticket stubs for him to start a collection. Does anyone know where I could find something like that? Thanks in advance.

Archived