Brewer Fanatic

Zambrano goes crazy after call goes Pirates way.

bobskube

I saw it. He looked like he was going to slam the ball on the ground right in front of the umpire, but he held on to it. Then as he was screaming he bumped the umpire in the shoulder, that's when the umpire tossed him and after he tossed him Zambrano mimicked him by trying to toss the umpire out ( http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) then he went into the dugout and smashed the gatorade machine with a bat. It was pretty funny.

I saw it. He looked like he was going to slam the ball on the ground right in front of the umpire, but he held on to it. Then as he was screaming he bumped the umpire in the shoulder, that's when the umpire tossed him and after he tossed him Zambrano mimicked him by trying to toss the umpire out ( http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) then he went into the dugout and smashed the gatorade machine with a bat. It was pretty funny.

I think the guy is absolutely insane, but that is awesome.

sure, right after I use him as an example of someone who learned to control his emotions...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I wonder if he is embarrassed about all that since it turns out he was wrong and the umpire made the correct call:

Carlson called Morgan safe and Zambrano immediately got in the umpire's face. Replays showed Morgan was indeed safe.

Big Z today, you knew Milton Bradley was gonna go koo-koo and start talking in third-person, you KNOW Uncle Lou will have a Looney Tunes episode before this season's over, heck, even Koyie Hill's temper tantrum in the first Brewers-Cubs game: just what's in the water cooler at that circus at Addison and Clark these days?!?

And yeah: I don't really want to hear anything from Cubs' fans about "professionalism."

Zambrano ejecting the umpire was hilarious. I'm sure he will get a fine and possibly a suspension, but considering some of Z's previous outbursts that was pretty controlled.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I can't believe this is on the Cubs web page. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing they should be celebrating.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

You know, the annoying part is going to be ESPN and the media talking about how the Cubs are 28-13 or whatever "since Zambrano's outburst" the rest of the season. Let's just hope they don't have a winning streak in them right now. Fortunately they're playing the Dodgers this weekend.

The unfortunate thing is that he'll be suspended five games and just have his next start pushed back a day. MLB should institute a different policy for pitchers when it comes to suspensions. A three game suspension for a position player should equal a ten gamer for a starting pitcher. It will never happen because nothing in baseball is cut and dry but I wish it would.

I like how he took a swipe at the Gatorade dispenser both right handed and left handed.

Whose bright idea was it to put that there anyway? Might as well put a rack of guitars down there or something.

it's unacceptable.

that guy thinks he's more important that the game or the cubs themselves.

he's like a 7 years old kid.

he used to make me lough (in pitiness) now i hate him. i'm really upset.

i'd have liked to see a derrek lee (was he playing?) or pinella show a little personality and say something to him.

A. maze. ing. I don't know which was funnier, Craaaaa-Z's meltdown, or Lou being the calming influence and just walking up and shrugging his shoulders. That was awesome. On the suspending pitchers idea, why not suspend them for 1 or 2 starts, as opposed to games. That way, there would be a bit more teeth to it.

Archived