Brewer Fanatic

Podcasts

Katuluu

I have also dropped Buster. Way too ESPN-centric for me. And too many athlete interviews and awkward laughter.

Besides the ones you mentioned, I listen to Keith Law's podcast and MLB.com's Fantasy 411 with Mike Siano & Cory Schwartz. Heyman and Ken Davidoff have regular appearances with WFAN's Steve Somers. And Gammons, Ed Coleman (Mets) and Sweeney Murti (Yanks) are regular contributors on Mike Francesa's podfeed.

I'm back on the Rany & Joe one, too, though I can only take so much Joe Sheehan. I subscribe to his newsletter and admire his intellect and insight, but on the pod, he just seems socially awkward. A lot of those guys, Bill James, Law, Jay Jaffe, Sheehan, Calcaterra. . .the new stat thinkers are tough on the ears.

I miss Eric Karabell's daily pod, though it seems he's going to be a regular contributor on the Matthew Berry podcast.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Podcast rotation:

Tom Haudricourt

Dave Ramsey

Bill Simmons

Beyond the Bets-Chad Millman. Love this one

And I'll grab something off WPR during the week

I'll grab ESPN fantasy football in-season

Got tired of Jay Mohr and Adam Carolla.

Fringe Average (I could have been happy listening to Up and In until the end of time)

Fangraphs Audio

Baseball America

Effectively Wild

CBS Eye on Baseball Rumors

ESPN Fantasy Focus (Football version only)

Freakonomics Radio

View from Bernie's Chalet

Bernie's Crew

Mohr Stories / Jay Mohr Sports

I used to listen to ESPN Baseball Today, but don't really enjoy the ESPN Baseball Tonight version.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

I have stopped with Effectively Wild now, I think. Just too pretentious.

Love the heck out of Fringe Average. Was bummed when I saw Ferrin say they weren't doing an episode this week, so I have been going back and listening to old Up And In's.

i used to listen to the dan patrick show everyday but for the last couple years i've mainly stuck to comedy/interview podcasts. i work for charter so i spend a lot of driving. i mainly listen to these-

the church of what's happening with joey diaz

the bertcast with bert kreischer

doug loves movies

who charted?

comedy bang bang

about last night

the crabfeast

hollywood babble-on

you made it weird

the nerdist

w.t.f? with marc maron

your moms house

by the way with jeff garlin

there are only a few sports podcasts that i listen to regularly

fyi? with dmitri young and robert fick

mmajunkie.com podcast

the co-main event

the dan patrick show

mohr sports

i used to listen to the baseball america podcast but i could handle their voices anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this was announced awhile ago but I'm super bummed the fantasy focus baseball podcast will not be the same anymore. Both Mathew Berry and Nate Ravitz are moving on. I fear they could leave the football show too but have nothing to back that up. I've been listening to their football show for a good 5 or 6 years. I even started listening to their baseball show and I didn't even play fantasy baseball, I just enjoyed them so much. I remember checking for mid summer football shows every day. Would there be a new one today???... All summer long.

I know there was a lot of nonsense on their show but I need that. 100% fantasy information does not keep me coming back. These guys will be missed and I really hope they continue with the football show. Thanks for all the laughs.

The Bernie's Crew podcast from the guys at Disciples of Uecker has been re-branded the Disciples of Uecker podcast. First episode is now up, good stuff.

Pretty bummed that The Baseball Show w/ Rany and Joe has come to end. Maybe my favorite weekly baseball podcast.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'll chime in. I have a job where I'm free to listen to podcasts most of the day, so I feel I've become well-acquainted with a few of my favorites:

-RadioLab: technically a "science" program out of WYNC, syndicated by some NPR affiliates. Phenomenal storytelling -- the production and sound quality is spectacular, too. The hosts, Jad and Robert, have made appearances and hosted programs across the county; definitely something I'd pay to see.

-Freakonomics: I find some of their assertions questionable, but it's always an interesting listen.

-Dan Lebatard Show: drive-time radio sports show out of Miami. It has been a favorite for years.

-Intelligence/Intelligence Squared Debates: "Oxford-style" debates from the US and UK.

-This American Life: #1 podcast on iTunes; it's easy to pick on Ira Glass, but it's always a good listen

• 1 year later...

ok, an old thread. But I just upgraded my internet radio which allows me to listen to podcasts when I go to bed. I don't have the patience (or the iphone) to listen otherwise, so this is great. Unfortunately every podcast from Baseball Prospectus won't load, so I'll have to check out some of the ones mentioned.

The Moth Radio Hour--Ordinary people telling stories about their lives. Some good, some bad, but overall a relaxing listen.

Andy Daly Podcast Project (NSFW)--Probably my favorite comedy show. Each episode is a different absurd character introducing his new podcast.

How Did This Get Made--hosts talk about a bad movie they just saw. Listeners seeing the movie is not a requirement.

Norm MacDonald--poor audio on it, but Norm just talks shop with different celebrity guests.

Planet Money--Don't think it's been mentioned yet. A fun show on finance.

Useless Information Podcast--short historical stories

Reason--podcast from Reason Magazine

Hope's Reason, Reasonable Faith and I Didn't Know That--Christian apologetic podcasts

Daygame and Art of Charm--podcasts for the single, searching guy

Breaking Madden--The host does odd things with Madden Football, like inserting Mark Sanchez at QB to historical teams and trying to find one that could win the SB with him as QB, or using a team made with 53 Tom Bradys.

But I'm always on the lookout for more good comedy podcasts that are more than 30 minutes long.

But I'm always on the lookout for more good comedy podcasts that are more than 30 minutes long.

comedy ones that i listen to:

Your moms house with Tom Segura (NSFW, my favorite though)

Sklarbro Country (music, sports, and comedy)

The crab feast

Man I used to listen to so many podcasts. But since my son was born in September 2013 and I got a new position at my job in December 2014 that did not allow me the time to listen while at work anymore my list and podcast consumption has gone way down.

My new favorite wrestling show is Grantand's "Cheap Heat" and my new favorite baseball shows are Rotowire's "Short Hops" and Fox Sports "JABO".

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

My new favorite wrestling show is Grantand's "Cheap Heat" and my new favorite baseball shows are Rotowire's "Short Hops" and Fox Sports "JABO".

i listend to cheap heat once and liked it. but i already listen to 3 wrestling podcasts a week and that is more than excessive (both steve austin shows and wrestling compadres on the nerdist network)

Archived